Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish I could turn back time to come out while young.
I came out 5-10 minutes after it first occurred to me I was gay...and I was done with it.

I told my whole family at the breakfast table...I was hoping to piss them off.

My sexuality...being gay... has always been a non issue for me and I have never really cared much what anyone thought about it.

I have had other things in my life that were hard to come to terms with though so I know the struggle. I have always thought I won the sexual lottery being gay and I also considered myself lucky to be gay so that might explain my actions as well.

I wish... If only...

That never ends well.

You are coming out exactly when you need to come out, not a moment too soon or a moment too late.

You are who and what you are because of your experiences in life.

OGB Wrote:I am in my late twenties and I am in the process of coming out to friends and family...
Lucky you - to live at a time when coming out at such a young age is an option.

My brother told me that there had never been a time when he didn't know that he was gay. As a young child, he had been confused when adults would take dolls away from him, and try to get him to play with guns, and fire trucks. He had no interest. But he didn't come out (to anyone other than me) until he was in his forties, and only then because he had to let us know that he was HIV positive. If it hadn't been for that, he might have taken his secret to his grave. I would have kept mum.

I was in my twenties before I became sexually active. Fairly soon after that I was having sex with men and with ladies. I didn't really think of it as "bisexual" though. It was just something I did for fun. I'm not really sure when I first began to accept that I was bi. I think I may have gone back and forth on it over a period of many years. I was straight for over 20 years. When I came back after all those years, there was no doubt.

Woollyhats Wrote:Everyone comes out on their own time. To do so at all, I think, is maybe what we should be proud of.
I don't expect that I will ever be coming out publicly. It is a little different being that I'm bi. I think that I may eventually come out to my family. And of course every time I've been involved with a woman, I made sure to let her know, usually before we were intimate.

Rule 1. Accept yourself for who you are.
Rule 2. Your never too old to invite others to accept you for who you are.

I was 40 before I came out. Always wish I had done it 20 years earlier.

ObW
X

Thanks for your comments! Very intersting reading your experiences.