Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's on Your Mind
Thanks guys, I've been talking with my family about it and they were saying the same thing. It's hard because he just retired and I was going to try to hang out with him at least  twice a month, he lived alone so we were talking about him moving to an old folks community were he would've had resources plus my aunt is already there. He got me into anime at a young age and I got him into gaming, that was his plans for retirement ? so that's what I've been doing in his memory, playing one of the last games we played together trying not to drink to much.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]
[-] The following 3 members Like ceez's post:
  • Bhp91126, Bookworm, IanSaysHi

(10-15-2021, 05:48 AM)ceez Wrote: Thanks guys, I've been talking with my family about it and they were saying the same thing. It's hard because he just retired and I was going to try to hang out with him at least  twice a month, he lived alone so we were talking about him moving to an old folks community were he would've had resources plus my aunt is already there. He got me into anime at a young age and I got him into gaming, that was his plans for retirement ? so that's what I've been doing in his memory, playing one of the last games we played together trying not to drink to much.

Yeah please try to avoid alcohol at times like these - it can temporarily numb pain but then make sadness feel ten times worse afterwards. Keep your brain busy and take each day as it comes x
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.
[-] The following 1 member Likes IanSaysHi's post:
  • ceez

@ceez I'm sorry to hear this news about your dad. I'm glad you've got family around you, and that you can all support each other. It's a tough time.

Yes, try and avoid the drink if possible; that can lead you down a dark spiralling labyrinth. Take care, wishing you and yours all the best x
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • ceez

@ceez 
Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • ceez

So apparently the new Dune movie is "racist" because of the "white savior" trope. Honestly, that's a new one on me. I mean I kind of get it but I also feel like it is mostly woke white people virtue signaling in this particular case. The director was questioned about it... https://nofilmschool.com/dune-white-savior

Now, I can only assume the director gave an honest answer so I'll leave it at that.

I feel like most people are going to latch on to this sort of stuff not because it is racist or not but because they want to be woke. I don't see how bitching about a movie, Dune in this case, amounts to anything in regards to improving social justice, civil rights or race relations... at least I'm not convinced that this stuff does. And perhaps I am missing the point and need it explained to me.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Rawr

being woke is like having tunnel vision to what's popular as to what to be woke about at the time. It's a constant and forever change of trending wokeness.

So many injustices in the world ignored. Always seems like we're finally realising what we need to do, but if you speak about the bigger picture, something not covered in the news or on social media, you get shot down. Then in a couple weeks it blows over and we focus on the next thing to be angry about.

In a lot of cases I find it very ironic.

KONY 2012, never forget!
[-] The following 1 member Likes Rawr's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@Rawr I think the general idea of being woke is good but people take it too far and start deconstructing everything. While I don't know how to fix racial problems or tensions in our country (the US) but I can acknowledge that we're doing better than we were 60 years ago, however, I'm not saying we should pat ourselves on the back.

---

Well my boyfriend called me about an hour ago hysterical. Said he had quit his job and that he walked out after getting into a fight [argument] with one of his bosses. I'm totally fine with him quitting, I've been telling him for months that he needs to get another job. Of course, now, he needs to get another job. I told him to calm down, breathe and to take the rest of the week and just relax. He worked at an animal hospital in the kennel. I'm not certain of the whole story but it sounded like he or his co-worker forgot to give a dog its medication, and no, nothing bad happened to the dog as a result. His bosses, which are two lesbians, have a history of being complete cunts to their staff, demeaning, low pay, yelling and getting mad at staff over minor things -- a very toxic workplace. When I say low pay, they only paid him $10/hr up from $8 from a year ago. This is when every place around is offering more, some places offering $14...16 an hour. This is why I have been on him to move on. Today, he finally had enough. Plus he has a hell of a time with anxiety and so on so that compounds things. He's just not found his confidence in himself. That's the issue in my opinion. Of course I worry about him, I hope he can get on it and be able to follow through looking for and getting a job...He's got to be able to do that. I do worry because I dated a guy who couldn't be bothered to help himself and I can't do that again. I'm going to do my best to be gentle with him but still need to be fair to myself.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I PM'd you about this mess with your bf.
Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(11-01-2021, 09:44 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote: I PM'd you about this mess with your bf.
Bighug

Just now? I didn't get one... Undecided
Check out my stuff!

I just got done putting toner in my hair. My partner's dad does hair and bleached mine but didn't put toner in and was kind of brassy... Now it looks spot on, just needed a lil touch.
Check out my stuff!