Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social networking?
So whats everyone think of these sites like facebook, myspace bebo?

When I studied about social engineering I used these sites to gather information about people from that perspective they scare me which is a reason why I removed all my accounts from these sites.

So have any preferences on social sites or don't you like them as well?

I luurrrvve facebook... as anyone on my friends list could vouch for considering I'm on there a lot Blush

Myspace and bebo I can quite happily live without though and only really log on to them to check my messages from people on there that don't have facebook.

Through Facebook I've re-established contact with a number of long-lost cousins and friends. I also enjoyed playing Scrabulous with my friend, Sheila, until the game was removed recently.

I don't have much information about me in the profile apart from the scores I've accumulated in various games and what I write in my status box. I have hundreds of unanswered requests among my notifications that will remain unanswered and will not have anything to do with the family tree type of application, however useful it might prove to my father who is a keen genealogist.

It's mainly a way of finding and being found.

I am considering taking up John Connorism though ... Rolleyes

I've have a facebook, but I only use it keep up with people from high school and university. Its not too bad, I don't give out much personal info.