Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what things can you cook
there are 2 things i hate in the world aubergenes and pesto sauce............. dont know why. I finally got over my hate for courgets the other month.

I think you might get over your hate of aubergines (eggplant) too if it were served and cooked properly. The thing about aubergines is that they are soggy and will soak up oil like nobody's business... When I make moussaka, for instance, I par cook the aubergines in a pressure cooker to avoid an over-greasy dish (the normal way would be to fry the aubergine slices). As for courgettes (zucchini) they are rather bland and need some garnishes to be made more palatable. The British, I take it, still keep their veggies either raw or boiled, which, of course, preserves the original tastes of them, but also makes them boring.... Courgettes don't need to be boring.

i only got over my hate for courgets when rachel cooked them in a veggie enchiladas. very tasty.

I can only cook the simple stuff.
Like Eggs/KraftDinner/HotDogs/Sandwhich(lol) etc.

kraft dinner?

albabonzai Wrote:kraft dinner?

It's what they call Kraft Cheesy Pasta over there...

ye i went on and googled it and went on the site......its amaizing what you can turn Kraft dinner into....

I thought it was a made up name as i have heard it on South Park a few times.

albabonzai Wrote:I thought it was a made up name as i have heard it on South Park a few times.

Ditto. Gotta love those South Park references.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Ditto. Gotta love those South Park references.

Terrance and philip Big Grin

princealbertofb Wrote:What's a New York Strip, Richard???

I cooked really good vegetarian lasagna yesterday... So much sauce that we can make another one, but I'll probably freeze that for later.... You can get too much of a good thing... (although I'm sure Marshlander could be persuaded to eat it again - very soon :biggrinSmile I think I mentioned making cheese (and spinach?) soufflet today

A New York Strip Steak is cut from the short loin of the cow and is one of the most tender and flavorful cuts of steak that you can get from your butcher. The way I cook it is I sear each side in a cast iron skillet for about 3-4 minutes depending on thickness and then cook in a maxed out oven until the steak reaches an internal tmperature of about 120 degrees