Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thread about pools
I was going through a forum about SAn skyscrapers when I noticed a very strange posting from an Eastern European.He said he was surprised by the many swimming pools in suburbs in SA,comparing it to LA,baffled by how normal folk in Africa can afford swimming pools.He says that swimming pools are only for the extremely rich.WTF?Our normal pools aren't usually extravagant but just "normal".I'm middle class and we have a pool at my parents,I have a pic of it somewhere.Do you have a pool?Just how popular are pools with you Europeans?

I've been to a house with a swimming pool, and a mansion with a swimming pool.
But they are upper class, i have never met anyone middle class or lower class with a fixed swimming pool at their house!

No Fucking Way!

Dan1089 Wrote:WTF?Our normal pools aren't usually extravagant but just "normal".I'm middle class and we have a pool at my parents,I have a pic of it somewhere.Do you have a pool?Just how popular are pools with you Europeans?

I will give my opinion even though you only asked for Euros... Elefant

I think it very much depends on land use.

With 80+% of land in Japan being mountainous I cant imagine even the wealthy having a personal pool. Maybe 1% of the very wealthy have personal pools.

I have visited many wealthy homes in San Francisco and it was very rare to find a pool.

Here in Pennsylvania there are many families with pools from the middle to even the lower incomes. They are not usually built in pools but still mostly permanent. Some may have pools that are seasonal which are smaller and often folded up in the off season and packed away until the summer.

It is quite rare for people in the UK to have their own swimming pool. A paddling pool maybe!! or a pond lol, but swimming pools do seem to be reserved for the rich here.

Thankfully, if I wanna go swimming, my gym is only a couple of miles away.

Here is a Canadian view; pools are common within certain cities, but because of our harsh winters and varied climates, pools are not common. Most people buy pools that can be put away when winter approaches. Even so, pools aren't reserved for the rich, I know a couple people who are middle class and have a nice inground pool.

I've worked all over N.Ireland in hundreds of homes and so far i've seen 2 indoor pools never an outdoor one unless they the paddlin kind! Too cold here for pools anyhoo [Image: thshrug.gif]