Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A song of ice and fire
ASOIAF FANS UNITE

You're here right? I know you are.

We can hold different asoiaf-related activities here, but for now I want to see whether there are enough people interested in it. This part of the forum isn't very popular unfortunately, but we can change that with Fire and Blood.

[Image: got-banner.jpg?w=560&h=236]

Present

However I must admit to liking the TV series better than the books. Reading the stories only from the perspective of select characters left so many important, more interesting stories undeveloped. The cast of characters is also due for some major pruning, it's getting to be quite confusing to keep up with who's doing whom and what, why and when. Headscratch
Whoever sits on the iron-throne is becoming less and less interesting.Headscratch
And please roast Danaes in her Dragons breath, her story has become so tedious and isn't connected to any other character. Flamethrower
Looking fw to season 5 this spring and book 6 (whenever it comes out)
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I think the different perspectives is the best thing about ASOIAF. It doesn't spoonfeed the story to you, but gives bits and pieces from every character's POV so you can put it together yourself.

I'm ashamed to admit that I was rooting for Daenerys until book five. After that she just went downhill. Most people agree that if she weren't a POV character, we would have liked her more. It's just that her thought process is so retarded. (sending Jorah away? what the heck were you thinking?) She's not this badass queen she thinks she is. She acts like an immature little girl. Even Cersei is more likable then her at this point.

The TV show was not that enjoyable for me. I don't like the fact that they changed so many things. And season 5 is going to cut so many stuff out I'm probably not going to watch it. I want adaptions to be as faithful to the source as possible, which GoT didn't really do. (No lady stoneheart? No Victarion?)

No one else? ;_;

Haven't read the books but do watch the series. What I dislike most is having to wait a week for the next episode and there being only 10 per season. Fuck that. I like to watch them back-to-back marathon style.

[MENTION=20922]Bhp91126[/MENTION] But I *love* Daenerys! She *always* has the HUNKIEST guys Tongue

MikeW Wrote:Haven't read the books but do watch the series. What I dislike most is having to wait a week for the next episode and there being only 10 per season. Fuck that. I like to watch them back-to-back marathon style.

[MENTION=20922]Bhp91126[/MENTION] But I *love* Daenerys! She *always* has the HUNKIEST guys Tongue
TV-Danaerys is a lot more interesting than book-dani, but even then I ff through her scenes (only stopping for some male nudity, ahem) because it has nothing to do with all the other stories. Waste of time! The only reason it's even in the series is because of the dragons, otherwise they would gave axed it (I assume).
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

MikeW Wrote:[MENTION=20922]Bhp91126[/MENTION] But I *love* Daenerys! She *always* has the HUNKIEST guys Tongue

It's so unfair that the TV show made Jorah Mormont so smoking hot.

[Image: got-game-of-thrones-30599447-500-432.jpg]

Ohhhhh...you mean Game of Thrones.....

Totally in love with the series. Dying for the next season to turn up on HBO.

[Image: aea3b3c95be16b368691732609d4b6cdcc53759d...e48b08.jpg]