Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying Games from Steam
Guys,

Just wondering. Has anyone ever purchased games from Steam? I would like to know if its safe to buy from the website.

I heard Steam had an issue with credit card information (hacker or some sort) few years ago. Any truth to this?

I would like to buy Roller Coaster Tycoon games.

Much appreciated.

Just buy their prepaid cards that come in 20$ 50$ 100$ if your unsure. But it's a safe site IMO, Also are you getting the new roller coaster tycoon world game coming out?
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I've been using STEAM and have never had a problem with it. I find it very reliable. Also if you don't want to save your credit card information you do not have to. STEAM is one of the best places to get PC games, as they have sales all the time, and Summer/Holiday sales that make their normal sales look like crap.

Yup it's rock solid with a swanky interface and good prices.

They let you use paypal if that helps.

Steam should be completely safe.
I don't know if they're selling Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I know goodoldgames is. I bought it from there.

Cuddly Wrote:Steam should be completely safe.
I don't know if they're selling Roller Coaster Tycoon, but I know goodoldgames is. I bought it from there.

They have ever RCT game inclouding the new one coming out

Thanks everyone.

I originally planned to buy via Amazon until I saw Steam selling it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285310/

I'll buy it from Steam. I'm ready for late night sleep again.

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Just buy their prepaid cards that come in 20$ 50$ 100$ if your unsure. But it's a safe site IMO, Also are you getting the new roller coaster tycoon world game coming out?

Holy. I didn't know they are producing a new RCT at all.

Roller Coaster Tycoon World seems interesting. But I'll wait for reviews and several Youtube videos before buying it.

Jay Wrote:Holy. I didn't know they are producing a new RCT at all.

Roller Coaster Tycoon World seems interesting. But I'll wait for reviews and several Youtube videos before buying it.

Well, you're in luck! Right this weekend they are previewing demos of the game at a gaming convention! So far the reviews are pretty good but note that right now the videos only show half of the game and not the full game. Everything that's being shown is of the game still in pre-alpha stage

https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/sh...RCTW-Video

I think I will have to re-upgrade my PC if I would like to play the latest one as I haven't upgraded my PC since early 2000s.

Mind you. Mine is XP with 2.0GB ram. lol

Jay Wrote:I think I will have to re-upgrade my PC if I would like to play the latest one as I haven't upgraded my PC since early 2000s.

Mind you. Mine is XP with 2.0GB ram. lol.

My computer is about 5 years old.... I'll be buying a 900$ gaming computer just for the game lol