Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who chooses not to have a funeral?
Maybe a slightly morbid subject but when you go, what sort of send off would you want? I havbe no intention of dying just yet but I could be run over by a truck tomorrow, in which case personally I would want "direct cremation".

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-3581201...ine_160316
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Iron Maiden lol

cremation. don't care what happens, there is no way i want my body to go through an agonizing decades-long decay.

i also don't think i need a funeral. every person can mourn in their own way.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Have definitely thought about it but I don't know at the moment. There certainly would not be but a few, if any, in attendance were I to decide for a funeral.
I bid NO Trump!

Cremated, maybe spread in the ocean? or maybe i'll just have like one of those mini places only for mourns? i just dont want anything big Smile

I'm not too fussed. I would be dead after all.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't request not to have a funeral. I am sure someone out there would like to attend one and mourn for me when I do die (unless I have somehow pissed everyone off by then). I wouldn't want it to be a lavish and costly affair though, because what is the point? One thing I most definitely would request however, is a cremation. I'd rather not slowly decompose in the ground. Scatter me somewhere I loved. That would be much more fitting.

Funerals are really not for the dead, funerals are for the living. I don't want mourners at my funeral that would be a totally solitary affair with me being the only one present. I have made provision in my Will by leaving a sum of money to some friends with the instructions that they should spend it by throwing one helluva party to prove that the miserable old sod who just died wasn't as miserable as they thought!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh I want to go out in the style of my Irish ancestors. Open bar, loud music and maybe a fist fight or two.
No one mourning my death just friends celebrating the life I lived and that they had the glorious honor of having known me.

"funerals are not for the demised" blah blah blah

I don't fucking care, they can find other ways to mourn.

My body cremated, no religious bullshit, hopefully no funeral.

Ffs dying is already legally and economically complicated, I don't get why people want to complicate it even more.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Ffs dying is already legally and economically complicated, I don't get why people want to complicate it even more.

it's a symbolic personal ritual that partly serves as a marker in one's life. if an event has significance for a person, it is not unnatural to want to symbolize it in one way or another. wedding is the same thing. people don't really need to throw some elaborate gathering to mark their personal relationship/commitment, but they do, and it is not unreasonable.

we are all also social beings, and these types of things are an expression of that social nature.

i'd rather people ritualize their personal life and events important to them, than external notions such as god in their life (which, unfortunately they have the tendency for). for this reason, national holidays and christmas, for example, mean nothing to me. the events with personal significance and importance are the ones to be celebrated. that's my opinion.
''Do I look civilized to you?''