Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The genius that was Nikola Tesla
Nikola Tesla proposed the idea of wireless transmission of electrical energy as a solution to world energy crisis:

http://www.teslasociety.com/tesla_tower.htm
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Tesla can definitely hold the title "genius"

The guy had a unique mind. Put him in this age and the guy would work wonders. Sort of like Da Vinci.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I'm not knowledgable to know if this would ever have worked but had it worked I wonder if it would have interfered with telecommunications that we have now, the Internet, cellphones etc.?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I'm not knowledgable to know if this would ever have worked but had it worked I wonder if it would have interfered with telecommunications that we have now, the Internet, cellphones etc.?

Probably so, but there would be ways to circumvent that, I think. We need an engineer's opinion.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I do wonder what our world would be like without Tesla having left his mark. While many inventions are parallel (that is they're natural advancements so that it's more of a race of who's first rather than can it even be done--and even who can patent it first as it's pretty much a tie), he was unique, and I don't blame a guy I know who felt Tesla was a time traveler (not that I believe it, but I can see why someone would, and I vaguely recall another outlandish idea of him being in contact with extraterrestrials).

Anyway, the ERBOH, Tesla vs. Edison: