Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the World in two minutes
This is incredibly creative.

Seventeen year old Joe Bush got a high school assignment to make a video
reproduction. He chose history as a theme and tucked it all into two minutes.

Joe took pictures from the Internet; added the sound track "Mind Heist" by Zack Hemsey (from the movie Interception) and came up with this incredible work for a 17-year old. Just finding the pictures was a formidable task.

Hold on to your seat. This moves fast. Don't blink -- not even for a second.

http://marcbrecy.perso.neuf.fr/history.html

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have my critiques of it, but for what it is, the length it is, and to have been made by a teenager, it's pretty cool. And it tells an interesting story.

Yeah, I'm not as nice or polite as Emil so I will say, in any case, what my mother would have told me (she being the coercive perfectionist, me being the subject of her domination). It's creative but of course it falls short on a few key things.

He just skipped pretty much the entire Middle Ages didn't he? That's 15 centuries, and there was some heavy nation building in some places, it's no joke.

But yes, given he tried to do it in such a short time, it's no wonder. Nice work with compiling the images, that was some pretty good work.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Hey [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION], give him a little bit of slack, he's only 17 and can't be expected to know all of European history.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well it's certainly very impressive for a teenager.
*bites tongue*

LONDONER Wrote:Hey [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23097]Insertnamehere[/MENTION], give him a little bit of slack, he's only 17 and can't be expected to know all of European history.

I'm being as lenient with him as everyone involved in my education were with me. I'm not sure why mild criticism is problematic for you.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

His version of world history is very Euro and American focused. Other groups are only portrayed as primitive cultural relics or in the context of their suffering. My issue might be with the educational system that taught him that narrative more than anything else.

Emiliano Wrote:His version of world history is very Euro and American focused. Other groups are only portrayed as primitive cultural relics or in the context of their suffering. My issue might be with the educational system that taught him that narrative more than anything else.

Well I wouldn't say that exactly. He included photos of the Chin empire and the pyramids. Hell he gave them more screen time than the Roman empire.

My problem with this is that he started out charting the progress of mankind. Then abandoned that approach when he came to modern history.

I mean the assassination of Lenon may have been tragic but it didn't actually change anything. It certainly doesn't belong in the same slideshow as the development of multi-cellular life and the slave trade. Same with most of the pics towards the end really. I mean the death of Osama Bin Laden didn't advance mankind either yet three pics for that.

Evolution-Ancient egypt-Rosie the riveter- The ultimate fate of the Earth

It seems as though this kid doesn't really have a sense of Historical perspective which is precisely what History classes are supposed to teach you.

That said it is very creative and the level of dedication is impressive. My criticisms are with the curriculum not the student.