• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaction to the result of the USA election
'Nuff said:

[Image: t1-405014-reaction_to_the_election.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

distraught wailing... crybabies IOW

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/09/yal...p-win.html

Quote:Liberal students across the nation watched in shock as Donald Trump clinched victory from Hillary Clinton to become the 45th president of the United States.

But some wiped their tears, and pulled themselves together enough to ask their professors to cancel their exams because they were so upset by the results.

And one Yale economics professor heard the cry, and decided to protect his snowflake charges by making the test optional.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/09/pro...ction.html

Quote:Protests erupted in Northern California early Wednesday after Donald Trump was declared the next president of the United States.

According to KTVU, about 100 protesters gathered in Oakland and sought to block freeways and create a commotion. The protesters forced BART to shut down and at least one demonstrator was struck by a vehicle.

SF Gate reported that police temporarily shut down Highway 24 to tend to the woman who was struck. California Highway Patrol Sgt. Matt Langford described her injuries as “major.”

The station also reported that some cars were set on fire and other vehicles had broken windows.

Well I will say, get over it. Hillary does appear to have had the popular vote...which is why I and so many say 3rd party is a waste...so we have someone will be in office that we didn't want in office.

It is what it is. I don't think Trump himself is going to be that big of a threat to LGBT and the reason is the popularity of the issue. I don't think he's going to go after the social issues that much. People have to realize that talk is cheap. Every candidate says they're going to solve all your problems and we're all going to make a lot more money and everyone is going to be happy...leaving much to be desired each election cycle.

At any rate, we're stuck with Trump for 4 years, let's hope he's not as bad as everyone is making him out to be. There is certainly a lot to not like about him, there are definitely issues I strongly and wholeheartedly disagree with him on. He has certainly lied and blew a lot of smoke up everyone's ass on things.

One thing that seems to have resonated with people is the healthcare plan. Now me, I have good and inexpensive health insurance, but it is is through my employer. Folks who are either self-employed or otherwise don't have insurance either can't afford the premiums or pay a lot of money for high deductibles. Some people do benefit, but many don't. Last couple years I haven't got a tax return because I didn't have health insurance....and I don't make a lot of money either. We're taxed the shit out of...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Well I will say, get over it. Hillary does appear to have had the popular vote...

I'll dispute that characterization... at the moment these are the results from CNN.

Clinton 59,462,301
Trump 59,272,991

A 189,310 difference is not significant enough to say she had the popular vote. Barely had the popular vote. And as we know, it isn't a popularity contest. And from looking at past results, she didn't get out the vote as she needed to.

See attachment for an analysis of current and past numbers, but voting seems to have been down this year by 4% compared with 2012. That is telling right there, though I'll leave it to poli-sci majors to figure out what it means.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] - I just heard both Hilary Clinton and President Obama speaking on TV, and their message was much the same as yours: This may not be what we wanted, but it's what we've got and we have to deal with it. We need to work toward unity and not create more division. I am most definitely not happy, but yeah - we need to stop protesting and bitching and look for the best possible ways to achieve the best possible outcomes.

Lol new Russia not new world now. Haha have fun guys.

Gemini Wrote:[MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] - I just heard both Hilary Clinton and President Obama speaking on TV, and their message was much the same as yours: This may not be what we wanted, but it's what we've got and we have to deal with it. We need to work toward unity and not create more division. I am most definitely not happy, but yeah - we need to stop protesting and bitching and look for the best possible ways to achieve the best possible outcomes.

It's what we're all saying in the UK after Britex.

Some headlines from the liberal media are hysterical... ie, they are in hysterics. Better get the fainting couches and some smelling salts.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/trump-wins-and...heir-minds

“Mourning in America: NIGHTMARE: Prez Trump... America Elected A Man Who Said ‘Grab Them By The Pu**y’ Over The First Female President... Party Ends In Tears...”
“White Won: Trump promised an insurgent white supremacy, and white voters embraced it.”
“A Nation Gone Wrong,”
"How The Daily Beast Will Stand Up to President Donald Trump"
“Hate Trumps History: A Reality TV Star Wins the White House in a Broken America.”
“Trump Wins Presidency in Stunning Upset.”

Omg not the liberals, it'll be the commies next.. Your people get over it. Now we including your countries allies have to work along together or what was the point. If us Brits can do so can you Colonials..

Well, the NATO summits have a potential of being entertaining now. Can you imagine that guy in there? ... (Exactly).
''Do I look civilized to you?''