Poll: Will you use the Chat function or Chatroom?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it's a great addition and will use it often!
33.33%
3 33.33%
Yes, but only just occassionally!
0%
0 0%
Didn't know we had a chat or chatroom!
11.11%
1 11.11%
No, not very often!
33.33%
3 33.33%
No, not at all - I prefer to talk in the forums and private messaging function!
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you use the Chat function or Chatroom?
Just a quick poll to gauge what you think as we are still currently trialling the new chat script.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Andy: I never realised there was a chat room!!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

(08-04-2020, 01:38 PM)LONDONER Wrote: Andy:  I never realised there was a chat room!!

Andy recently added a link to the chatroom on the front page...also along the bottom there is a chat and a small blue/pink quote box that opens the chatroom as well.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

Hi @LONDONER as @InbetweenDreams said! Wink You won't see the chat bar at the bottom if you're using a mobile phone or tablet though! The red text link on the main page will still work though... just tested it using my phone! Smile

Andy x
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I'm more inclined to use the main chatroom. If I want to chat I'll go in there. I don't use the other chat function much, I have it switched off as sometimes I'm only breezing through quickly and not on for long  Big Grin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • andy

@andy does the GS Chatroom keep a running history? Say if I join the chatroom and there was chats from say the last hour or so will they appear? I think it erases any history. It would be nice to be able to join in an ongoing conversation.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Yes, when the room was last up, every time I went in it was empty, and no text had appeared.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

@InbetweenDreams and @CellarDweller It's set to show the last 60 minutes worth of conversations when you join! Smile I don't think many people have been using it yet so that's why it would appear empty! Sad
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

i remember it been a great place to chat but it did get busy , i personally might dip my toe in but my spelling is very bad and i just dont want to stress myself of getting corrected anymore - but the idea of the chat room again is fantastic,
i did like that you could open a separate chat window too inside the main area to speak with a friend at the same time though

I know I'm new to GaySpeak, but I'm a little stumped on where I even find the new 'Chat'?? I looked at all of the top menus and didn't see anything, so hopefully I'm not too oblivious LOL

Good luck with the experiment though!!