Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father embraces gay son and bf in Mexican Doritos ad
[Image: doritosthebestgiftdip_yt_doritos_mx_750x422_09.jpg]

Doritos Mexico just released an ad about a divorced father trying to find a way to embrace his gay son and his new boyfriend — and it's giving us all the feels.

The two-minute ad, which is called The Best Gift, is based on true story and opens as a young man is talking to his father on the phone. The son is returning home for Christmas and says he’s bringing along a friend who has no place to go for the holidays.

Created by Slap Buenos Aires and directed by Primo Mexico’s Nico Veiga, the ad follows the three as they share the holidays together while the father narrates the post he is writing to Reddit.

“I am a 52-year-old divorced father and I need help,” he says. “My son and his friend are a couple and do not dare to tell me.”

The father is a strong, weathered, and introspective man, quietly observing the little moments between the two boys that gave a glimpse of the pair’s loving relationship. He goes on to say the pair were doing their best “to be subtle” but it was obvious they were more than just friends. The two jostle together closely in the cab of a truck.

Then, the sleepy-eyed son orders for his friend without thinking at a restaurant with their father, much to the horror of the blue-haired boyfriend. The father lets them know that “everything is fine,” but he still struggles to find just how he should introduce the subject.

The ad is part of the continued LGBTQ+ outreach programs of Doritos.

Doritos Rainbow has been supporting the LGBTQ+ community since 2016, and the company recently started a #PrideAllYear campaign allowing the public to post their own stories.

"We’re really proud of the accomplishments that have been achieved with Doritos Rainbow," Eduardo Córdoba, marketing director for Doritos Mexico, is quoted by DesignTaxi. “We believe the moment is right to show that our commitment extends beyond a proud celebration every June.”

While we don’t want to spoil the ending for you, let’s just say it has a very happy ending. Watch the clip below!

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.