Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never type this stuff into your computer
In my case Cinnamon's performance declined over time, rebooting "fixed" it until it slowed down again, didn't reflect in an increase in system load and 3D acceleration wasn't affected. It's been a couple years so maybe the problem was fixed?

As far as this screenshot about a bug in KDE... First I'm sure there's bugs in GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE or whatever, just as there are likely bugs in the kernel, some driver or whatever. Not sure what the full backstory is on this and frankly I could care less. I like what I like and that's that. If you like Cinnamon and Arch Linux, that's great, use what you like.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(02-27-2021, 06:47 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: In my case Cinnamon's performance declined over time, rebooting "fixed" it until it slowed down again, didn't reflect in an increase in system load and 3D acceleration wasn't affected. It's been a couple years so maybe the problem was fixed?

As far as this screenshot about a bug in KDE... First I'm sure there's bugs in GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE or whatever, just as there are likely bugs in the kernel, some driver or whatever. Not sure what the full backstory is on this and frankly I could care less. I like what I like and that's that. If you like Cinnamon and Arch Linux, that's great, use what you like.
Sure, all DEs have bugs but the thing is that the Mint team fix them when they're reported. They don't tell you to fix them yourself or to pay someone to do it, lol
I was just saying you shouldn't have big hopes and expectations for KDE bc they keep adding more and more bugs and never fix them, that's all. Big Grin
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.