Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms
Did you ever make a decision on buying a firearm?

Not yet, mainly because it is expensive. Really wanted to have a chat with some of the guys who work at the gun store locally since one of them is also a co-worker. Rather get advice from the person who teaches the CCW class. So who knows when I'll make up my mind.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Absolutely love guns. Was in the Army for 6 years, I know most firearms better than I know my own...well, you know. A house without a firearms is like a house without a fire extinguisher. You better hope you never need it, but if you do, you'd better have one.

Any of you out there actually own guns? Just curious.

(08-18-2021, 01:29 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Was in the Army for 6 years

Thank you for your service Thumbgrin

(08-18-2021, 09:48 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Any of you out there actually own guns? Just curious.

I don't currently own a gun, but it is something I am going to look at doing as soon as I can the money rounded up to purchase a gun, get the CCW training, etc all taken care of.

I do agree with the analogy of the fire extinguisher. What I am not sure of is whether everyone should have a gun or is capable of handling a gun with some level of competence. Probably not a good thing if you don't handle a gun safely, can't hit a target at 3 meters away, or being a hot head all the time (poor judgement).
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(08-18-2021, 11:40 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(08-18-2021, 01:29 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Was in the Army for 6 years

Thank you for your service  Thumbgrin

(08-18-2021, 09:48 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Any of you out there actually own guns? Just curious.

I don't currently own a gun, but it is something I am going to look at doing as soon as I can the money rounded up to purchase a gun, get the CCW training, etc all taken care of.

I do agree with the analogy of the fire extinguisher. What I am not sure of is whether everyone should have a gun or is capable of handling a gun with some level of competence. Probably not a good thing if you don't handle a gun safely, can't hit a target at 3 meters away, or being a hot head all the time (poor judgement).

Yeah, it's for sure a good thing. I'm (literally) a firearms expert. If you need any advice, let me know. I'll give you this little piece of info: "HiPoint" firearms cheap for a reason. Stay away from them. When you get a firearms, don't be one of those guys who puts it in a drawer and forgets about it, practice with it at least once a month. Shooting range, or just out in your yard if you live rural like me.

Oh yeah I know about HiPoint lol

I'm considering something like a Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm. It seems 9mm is most common and adequate power.
Check out my stuff!

(08-19-2021, 12:56 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Oh yeah I know about HiPoint lol

I'm considering something like a Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm. It seems 9mm is most common and adequate power.

It's not a bad round at all. Plentiful, allows for lower recoil, can fit more in a mag. If you're going for EDC, go with a compact version though. Smith & Wesson makes great stuff, and Heckler and Koch, and Sig Saur (only German company brave enough to have those initials). All great stuff.