Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loosing A Loved One
I thank everyone for their kind words.. He will hopefully be with me for a few more months. He is experiencing Sundowner Syndrome every night, and I give him simple things like a stuffed doll or an old fashioned "cold pack" that keeps his hands and mind busy trying to take them apart.. These simple things keep him from getting scared of the things that he thinks are outside the window which might hurt him... The fears are the hardest part of our nights, when he gets really scared he can hardly talk and can only say one word at a time (very slowly)...

Every day I hold out hope that he will get better, and every day I find new ways to help him get thru this.. The doctors tell me he will only get worse and that I am in denial, but I won't give up on him until he takes his last breath.. We didn't make it this far without conquering many obstacles along the way...

Once again, thanks everyone.

Sin-cerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!
[-] The following 3 members Like jimcrackcorn's post:
  • Bookworm, ChadCoxRox, eastofeden

Hello everyone.

My hubby passed away this last monday at 5 AM.  He was a good man and I will always miss & love him... Our 46th anniversary was on Christmas Eve and I am grateful that we were able to spend it together at home for one last time... 

It has been a few days since he passed, and I am able to write this without crying..  I am getting better each day... Just wish I could have had him with me for a little longer..

Don't anybody feel sad for me,,,, we had a wonderful life together and lived well!!!!  Really Well...............

Sin-cerely,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!
[-] The following 3 members Like jimcrackcorn's post:
  • Bookworm, calgor, ChadCoxRox

What a wonderful, loving, bittersweet attitude!! I love your sharing this and hope we can all muster the same perception and gratitude even during very sad times. Love indeed does win!! Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like ChadCoxRox's post:
  • Bookworm, IanSaysHi

Sending you love and hugs, Jim!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I am sorry for your loss. ((((()))))

Hi Jim,

There are no words... so sorry to hear about your terrible loss.

Glad you got to spend such a lovely lifetime together.

xxx
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.