Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you tend to take afternoon naps often?
Hello Guys,

I want to discuss about this topic here as most of us are above 30 years old.

Do you find that you need to take afternoon naps as you grow older? Like even if you had 8 hours of sleep the night before.

I find that I really need to take a short power nap in the afternoon nowadays so that I can concentrate on my work for the rest of the afternoon.

If not, I feel very sleepy and not able to concentrate on my tasks.

Have anyone else had a similar experience like this?

I almost never take an afternoon nap. The only time I do is on the weekend, and if I've had a poor night's sleep the night before.

I find that if I sleep too late in the afternoon, I have a difficult time getting to sleep at night.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • soulfulriver

No. With my insomnia, I would never fall asleep at night if I slept during the day.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Tjemka88's post:
  • soulfulriver

Almost everyday but it isn't an age thing. I get up really early and do all of the bookwork and business duties/dealings - I like the quiet of the night and I get alot more done that way in a lot less time.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • soulfulriver

Not usually. However I find when I’ve gone through something mentally taxing I will want a nap. I find if I have to spend hours reading/concentrating on a computer I get very tired. I also once had counselling and after the sessions I would be so so tired. Whereas I can be active at work and walk there and back and not be tired.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.
[-] The following 1 member Likes IanSaysHi's post:
  • soulfulriver

(01-16-2022, 04:00 PM)soulfulriver Wrote: Hello Guys,

I want to discuss about this topic here as most of us are above 30 years old.

Do you find that you need to take afternoon naps as you grow older? Like even if you had 8 hours of sleep the night before.

I find that I really need to take a short power nap in the afternoon nowadays so that I can concentrate on my work for the rest of the afternoon.

If not, I feel very sleepy and not able to concentrate on my tasks.

Have anyone else had a similar experience like this?

Sometimes I nap, but usually they're very short. I have heard that shorter naps (less than 45 mins) are better, less likely to be groggy after you wake up and less likely to disrupt your sleep at night.

Have you considered coffee? I usually drink coffee in the morning and sometimes tea in the afternoon.

Other things to consider, if you find yourself sleepy after a heavy meal or something that has a lot of sugar, could be a sugar crash.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

There's a history of "two sleeps" daily in this world. What's wrong with structured napping?
I WISH I could nap sometimes, but even though I can't just fall asleep, I do meditate a good 20 minutes anyway.
It helps. Lovelove

Two Sleeps
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams, soulfulriver

This is true. Before there was electricity it was common for people to have a "second cleep" or two sleeps. One in the evening which people would sleep a few hours, wake up and stay up for a few hours and then go back to sleep, I think I got that right. It is very difficult to do that these days and you can thank electricity for that.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

Personally, I can't nap in the afternoon. Regardless of how tired I am. If I have had little or no sleep the night before, I end up feeling wired the next day, I guess over tired. The only time I can sleep is at night, and I am such a light sleeper it's often a broken 6 hours at best, with very rare longer sleeps.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • soulfulriver

I usually wear contact lenses so it isn't safe for my eyes to sleep unless I take them out first. This normally deters me from napping even when I want to. Even with that problem out of the way, like if I opt for glasses that day instead, it can be hard for me to fall asleep in anyplace that's not my bed. Usually if I'm going to sleep during the day, I'm at home and crawling into bed because I'm exhausted from missing sleep the night before or drowsy from being sick or taking allergy medicine or something.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  • soulfulriver