Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro Shows
Hi Guys Smile

Do you like to watch TV shows from 60s - 90s and 2000s?

Some TV shows are really nice (eg. Bewitched, Six-million dollar man, Seinfeld, Baywatch, Smallville etc.) and I still enjoy watching them now.

How are these shows available in US and Europe? There used to be DVDs available but I think it's not available nowadays. Are there streaming services in your country that show all the retro shows?

I sometimes feel like this: Time machines don't exist. But these shows somehow serve like a time machine in a way where I get to relive my memories from teenage and youth years.

You might find DVD's in places like thrift stores or some specialty stores (think record stores). Different platforms like Netflix will have a lot of those shows. Of course the thing right now is for networks to pull content and put it on their own streaming platform, like Disney+, Peacock, Paramount+ and whatever else. The way you can watch some of this content is through a VPN. So if Netflix in your region didn't have a specific show you would use a VPN to watch what is available in another region like North America, Europe, etc.

The other way is through piracy which is illegal and a do at your own risk thing. So, I won't explain how that is supposed to work.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

(01-31-2022, 01:17 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: You might find DVD's in places like thrift stores or some specialty stores (think record stores). Different platforms like Netflix will have a lot of those shows. Of course the thing right now is for networks to pull content and put it on their own streaming platform, like Disney+, Peacock, Paramount+ and whatever else. The way you can watch some of this content is through a VPN. So if Netflix in your region didn't have a specific show you would use a VPN to watch what is available in another region like North America, Europe, etc.

The other way is through piracy which is illegal and a do at your own risk thing. So, I won't explain how that is supposed to work.

Thanks for your reply Smile.

Do you like to watch retro shows? Smile

(01-31-2022, 04:43 PM)soulfulriver Wrote: Do you like to watch retro shows? Smile

Is Married With Children retro? lol

It just depends on what it is. Some stuff hasn't aged well, others have. I do think a lot of people will be re-watching "WKRP in Cincinnati," the guy who played Johnny Fever passed away yesterday at the age of 81.

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
  • soulfulriver

Oh geez.....70s shows I used to watch.

Good Times, All In The Family, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, Love Boat and Fantasy Island.

80s, Beverly Hills 90210 was my fave for a long time.

90s to 2000s, that was when I turned to the 'supernatural', and watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Charmed.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • soulfulriver

The ones I bought on DVD and have rewatched the most

TAXI
M*A*S*H
Bewitched
Twilight Zone
Nght Gallery
Frasier
Golden Girls
Sanford and Son
ER

Oh yeah - I just bought HOTEL and it is so dated but fun to watch again
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • soulfulriver

(02-01-2022, 04:12 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: 90s to 2000s, that was when I turned to the 'supernatural', and watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Charmed.

Wait... no Xenia or Hercules?

I do remember all those shows, mainly because my mom and sister were into all those lol.
Check out my stuff!
  • soulfulriver

(01-31-2022, 07:58 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Is Married With Children retro? lol

It just depends on what it is. Some stuff hasn't aged well, others have. I do think a lot of people will be re-watching "WKRP in Cincinnati," the guy who played Johnny Fever passed away yesterday at the age of 81.

I just googled about Married with Children as I have never watched that show before. I think it's a retro show too. Smile

I can't believe Ed O'Neill from 'Modern Family' has acted in this show too! He looked so young!

(02-01-2022, 04:12 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: Oh geez.....70s shows I used to watch.

Good Times, All In The Family, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of Life, Love Boat and Fantasy Island.

80s, Beverly Hills 90210 was my fave for a long time.

90s to 2000s, that was when I turned to the 'supernatural', and watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Charmed.

(02-01-2022, 01:53 PM)eastofeden Wrote: The ones I bought on DVD and have rewatched the most

TAXI
M*A*S*H
Bewitched
Twilight Zone
Nght Gallery
Frasier
Golden Girls
Sanford and Son
ER

Oh yeah - I just bought HOTEL and it is so dated but fun to watch again

Omg I used to watch many of these shows too!

I really liked the first episode of Twilight Zone 'Where Is Everybody?'. I find the storyline was well-plotted and interesting. Smile

It feels like it was only a few years ago when I watched the shows 'Charmed' and 'Buffy the vampire slayer' in TV. I really miss the 90s. :')

(02-01-2022, 04:08 PM)soulfulriver Wrote: I just googled about Married with Children as I have never watched that show before. I think it's a retro show too. Smile

I can't believe Ed O'Neill from 'Modern Family' has acted in this show too! He looked so young!

I guess 1987 is retro now lol. Hard to believe that was 34 years ago and I was pooping in diapers at that time lol

Definitely humor that wouldn't work at all in today's sitcoms....

Check out my stuff!
  • soulfulriver