Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Easy Being Ugly
I've tried the clubs, the bars, the parks, the baseball team, online and nothing works. Just seems like the guys in my area between the ages of 21-35 just don't find me good looking. I am frustrated! To make matters worse a potential client really put me down this week! I am to the point where I am going to say screw it with everything!

Getting frustrated doesnt go well with gay life style, you are going to be rejected as everyone else regardless your looks so be patient.
What i think is that maybe your looks are not a problem maybe your approach though is what you need to work on a little more.

When you go bars clubs go to relax and have fun. Guys smell inexperience and they dont like this very much.
Dont go looking to hook up just be approachable with a smile, strike up a conversation with the people sitting next to you. Dont try to be funny or polite or anything but casual and reasonably cheerful. It's a lot easier than it sounds, once you perfect this you ll see good changes.

Sorry to hear about your client..

Hi,

I've tried to be confident. I've tried to start up a conversation and so on.
Problem is none of the guys between 21-35 see me as very good looking. Here is an example: I post an ad looking for someone who likes to camp, walk and etc. asking that this person be between the ages of 21-35. I also gave my age. I had a 22 year old email me with his picture. I sent mine with a hello, and 5 sentences asking where he from and so on. Well he ignored me for weeks. Finally asked why and he said, "You are well not cute!"

Without being a complete ageist i dont know how much in common you ll have with a 22 years old when you are 32. Anyhow ... i cant comment on what that guy said as i haven't seen pictures but dont let people's opinion bring your moral down. Its bad news anyway when the the only thing that someone has to attract others is looks so dont worry about this much.

Dont try to be confident just believe in yourself it has to become part of your nature .

"I sent mine with a hello, and 5 sentences asking where he from and so on. Well he ignored me for weeks. Finally asked why and he said, "You are well not cute!" "

Oh good grief! If anything is subjective, that is - and besides, I hate it when I'm called "cute", it makes me think of little bunny rabbits. I think a response like his was rude and insensitive, who needs people like that? I would've told him to stuff it in his shallow little pipe and smoke it.

please. your trying way too hard to get with someone.. as they said.. relax, dont search for it, and just go the way you live.. the harder you try the more it shows the less attraction thers gonna be. tension maybe.. but not attraction..

WhoTFisAlex Wrote:I hate it when I'm called "cute", it makes me think of little bunny rabbits.

I think the same!
And that goes for you feelmychampagne!!! Cool

Wink

and rookies2007... please STOP thinking your ugly, that brings every unpleasant feeling you can imagine, beauty and ugliness don't exist, that depends on the speaker, and you are the one who says if your beautiful or not, it depends on your self-esteem, find reasons to improve that self-esteem, not to destroy it

rookies2007 Wrote:I've tried the clubs, the bars, the parks, the baseball team, online and nothing works. Just seems like the guys in my area between the ages of 21-35 just don't find me good looking. I am frustrated! To make matters worse a potential client really put me down this week! I am to the point where I am going to say screw it with everything!
Hi,
I think you have it easy!
I am a 39 year old guy who has been married for 15 years,and yet at the age of 39 with no gay relationships what so ever,i have said to my self" enough is enough" and have started to visit gay sites.
Infact this site is the only gay site i have been to in my life.
My problem is that i know i am gay,but can not approach men or even go to gay bars and clubs since they are "pro" sort of speak.
I am looking for a man who is atleast 20 years my senior so that i can with him,"come out".
I am feeling so frustrated that your feelings to me is just water under the bridge.
I know what men expect women to do in bed,but can not physicaly(even though i want to) do that for a man,infact i am not gay i think,i am a woman traped in a man's body,since i do not want to be the man in any relationship.
I run a good business and am well off finacialy.
I just don't know where to start??? I don't know who to trust??
If the first guy who takes me to bed wants to bum me,i will probably break his neck,but if a guy with a wealth of experiance starts me off on trivial acts or a "biginers guide to being gay" then i will stck with him.
I am not english and have more hair than average english guys so this too makes me feel that could be a handicap for me.
Can any of you guys help me out me on this?
At this moment in time i can only make friends with much older guys! or a guy who is in the same boat as me!

rookies2007 Wrote:I've tried the clubs, the bars, the parks, the baseball team, online and nothing works. Just seems like the guys in my area between the ages of 21-35 just don't find me good looking. I am frustrated! To make matters worse a potential client really put me down this week! I am to the point where I am going to say screw it with everything!

I've just go to say that you're not ugly! In fact you're pretty goodlooking Smile

Chin up, mate!