Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirit Day Oct 20, 2010
SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:... I am so fuckin determined to help but no one would turn to me ;[ maybe...in time...

Read this story, everybody:

Alain's Watch

it contains no sex or love for that matter. but it is touching. really.
Thanks, Rizz. Moving story, although I could do with someone explaining what was going on when they were playing whatever game it was they were playing Wink

i dont own any purple lol but i will try to find something even if it is something small

also i am spreading this everyplace on the web that i can lol

Maybe a way we can all support this on Wednesday is to post all text in purple on that day or make a thread for a book of remembrance.

Any comments please?

i like that idea or at the least we could sign our names at the end of each post on that day in the color purple.

Great Idea Rychard!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:Maybe a way we can all support this on Wednesday is to post all text in purple on that day or make a thread for a book of remembrance.

Any comments please?

This i can do.:biggrin:

TimmyThink Wrote:Not at all my non of my friends are anti-gay, it’s just that I only have 8 friends on my Facebook all of whom I know very very well. An I have never ever support any type of cause before, I have never ran for cancer or given money to type any of charity. Than this sprit day thing shows up in those 8 friends Facebook news feed, next thing I know there is a bunch of “are you gay questions all over my wall?”

See like I said completely selfish but I can’t think of any scenario that doesn’t end in an “are you gay” line of questioning.

On the other side of that scenario I hit that little attend button, it shows up on my friends Facebook they ignore it and nothing happens.

OR another scenario. Before you hit the ATTEND button, you print out a message on your wall, saying it has come to your attention that there are a lot of teenage deaths lately, and that you feel strongly about this therefore you are going to press the ATTEND button. Tell them what you told us, that you'd normally not bother to condone this that or the other and selfishly not move out of your zone of comfort, but that somehow it shook your soul when thinking how these young lives were lost. Maybe add that you aren't gay but that you don't think this should be happening to ANYONE... thus defusing the whole questioning process. It'll also show you to have a heart, after all... and a bit of guts? Wink

or i could wrap myself in a big rainbow flag and go running around the town (relax joking)
but seriously my original comment on this was just something I typed kind off the cuff and than Rizzy (can I call you Rizzy) was like RRRRR!!! And than Princealbert was like gahhhhh now I'm like OOOOHHH MY! I would love to show some guts on this but the risk just doesn’t match the reward in this case. That might be a kind a-hole thing to say but...it is what it is.

You are still worried about reactions to your stance on this, so it's only normal to be cautious... facebook is a bit of a giveaway, and one has to be careful... It's just that I don't know if you would be judged badly for wanting to show some compassion for those kids...

TimmyThink Wrote:or i could wrap myself in a big rainbow flag and go running around the town (relax joking)
but seriously my original comment on this was just something I typed kind off the cuff and than Rizzy (can I call you Rizzy) was like RRRRR!!! And than Princealbert was like gahhhhh now I'm like OOOOHHH MY! I would love to show some guts on this but the risk just doesn’t match the reward in this case. That might be a kind a-hole thing to say but...it is what it is.

Please post the picture on here, like the one about the t-shirt, when you do eventually wrap yourself in a big rainbow flag... somehow I don't see that happening in the near future... lol.