Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your most frequent typo
Genersis Wrote:But wouldn't we need new letters or an indicator that the letter is pronounced differently?

I can think of one case in which the doubling of the consonant means a very different thing... but I'm sure there are others
STARED and STARRED
Brad Pitt STARRED in the film in which everyone STARED at him for being old when he was young.

Genersis Wrote:But wouldn't we need new letters or an indicator that the letter is pronounced differently?

EDIT: Thinking about this too much me thinks.:redface:

MAYHAPS PERBE

I can think of one specific context in which this doubled consonant may make a difference:
STARRED and STARED
Brad Pitt STARRED in a film in which people STARED at him for looking old when he was young (re the story of Benjamin Button)

princealbertofb Wrote:MAYHAPS PERBE
PERHAPS MAYBE? :confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:PERHAPS MAYBE? :confused:

ABSO-blooming-LUTELY Wink

I make too many typos, also often think of words to type and leave a word out when I have typed the words. While typing these few words, I had to go back and put in 'out'. The brain or is it brian that has finally giving up on me.

Rychard the Lionheart Wrote:I make too many typos, also often think of words to type and leave a word out when I have typed the words. While typing these few words, I had to go back and put in 'out'. The brain or is it brian that has finally giving up on me.
brian 'out' thanks for this one, Rychard.... a good one, I'm sure.:biggrin:

I just realized after I just edited a post at another site I go to where there are alot of straight religious peeps that I often misspell Religious Fundamentalists...I accidentally spell asshole and have to correct myself every time:biggrin:

Embarrassing/Embarrassment is my number one typo. Considering the word, it's pretty funny.

Typos - I just roll with them. If people can understand what I meant then no harm done. Touch typing helps reduce typos, but it took many years before I was able to do this.

I am glad however that the L and the N are not next to each other on the keyboard because it has the potential for making a discussion about a walking holiday, for example, something completely different!

And often becomes nad (maybe that's just Freudian, though Wink ) and the is often teh. If a word starts with a capital A I'll often make the second letter a capital too. Much editing required, but stuff still gets through.

Re i before e - I used to teach kids it was "i before e except after c when the sound is ee". That gets us away from all the weird friends singing their leitmotifs at great height.