Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
This is my first post. As you can probably tell from my id, I'm gay and I live in IL. I'm 40 years old. I can't believe I have to admit that. :-) I certainly do not feel that old. :-) I came out on campus in college in the mid 90's. I went back in the closet for awhile. I just recently came out to a family member. I'm thinking of getting involved in a LGBT group locally. I guess you could say I'm pacing myself with this whole coming out stuff. :-)

Welcome to GaySpeak, ilgay123! That's good that you may become involved a local LGBT group.

Welcome to Gs

Hello IlGay, and Welcome to GaySpeak. Confusedmile: Many of us were not able to come out in their teens or even in their early twenties. So it comes as no surprise to me to see some 40 somethings coming out or grappling with the process of coming out, either to friends, or work colleagues or family.

I'm glad that you've found this site, as you will be able to share with us,and we with you,all the intricacies of dealing with something that is sometimes difficult to admit, even to ourselves at first.
My question to you is:
* How did the person you came out to respond?
And my second question will be:
* Why did you have to retire back into the closet in the first place?
Looking forward to reading you. In the mean time, have fun and be safe.

Hello. Welcome Smile