Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Sex Drive
Okay, I'm sure this is going to sound strange but I would really like some advice on this. How can I lower my sex drive? I know most guys would probably want to increase it, but I would actually like to lower it, even get rid of it completely if possible, without becoming a eunuch. Thanks.

Get rid of it? may I ask why? The reason I ask is because my answer would depend a bit on your motivation.

eastofeden Wrote:Get rid of it? may I ask why? The reason I ask is because my answer would depend a bit on your motivation.

I would rather not go into detail, if that's okay with you.

And what do you mean my motivation?

Anonymous Wrote:I would rather not go into detail, if that's okay with you.

Of course you don't have to elaborate if you don't want to...

...by motivation... I mean...is it for percieved "moral" or religious reasons? If so...I would not be inclined to give advice. If it is for health reasons it would be another issue....it is kinda hard...for me anyway...to give advice when I don't know enough about the motivation. Someone else might have a good idea though.

Well, lowering is one thing, but removing your sex drive altogether is quite another thing.

I can imagine the motivation for lowering is to be more compatible with your partner.

The motivation for removing your sex drive is, to me, unfathomable. I can only imagine that there are circumstances surrounding the desire that should really be addressed first. It may be, I'm guessing, that, for example, you find the acts somehow shameful and if you remove the desire to commit those acts them then the shame is removed. In that case you'd be removing the symptom, but not the cause.

So, if you can provide more detail then you are likely to get better advice. And, more importantly, advice that is less likely to harm you. Suppressing natural desires can lead to other problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

i think they're asking why b/c that question (why) informs the response.

Hi ...
a not really easy question... at first you can go to a doctor and ask for some pills.. but I think thats the wrong way.
You can try to shift your sex drive.... with autogenic training and meditation, that need time... but it works.
A very interesting way to lower your sex-drive.... don´t laugh.... is to life chastely... that means: don´t have sex and don´t masturbate or whatever you do to get a orgasm for a while.... lets say 14 days... then you can do it ... a few times... and stop for the next while... so you lower your sex drive.
Maybe it sounds strange.. but a friend of mine has the same problem ... but he can´t live chastely from his own will ... so he asked me for help .. blah blah ... and now he ever ask me to allow him to masturbate or have sex and I do or even not... and it works.... a side effect is that it can be and my phone rings a 5 O´clock in the morning.... *LOL

Anonymous Wrote:I would rather not go into detail, if that's okay with you.

You're already posting as anonymous... what's the difference if you explain or not? Sounds like someone in denial to me.

I don’t think you can lower or get rid of your sex drive, you may be able to ignore it or suppress it through sheer force of will. The best thing i could think of is to try and find an alternate outlet for you sexual energy like, working out, or running or model building or anything to get your mind off sex.

Though that might be kind hard to do, the human sex drive is something that is hardwired into your brain an body. Every animal on this planet has a sex drive including the human animal, to be rid of that means rewiring your brain or reversing evolution not an easy task.

eastofeden Wrote:...by motivation... I mean...is it for percieved "moral" or religious reasons?

Let's say, moral AND health reasons.