Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you practice safe sex?
Hey Folks:

In light of the recent news that 1 in 5 gay men in major urban areas have HIV, I am wondering how you practice safe sex? Is it just condom use? Or, do you talk to your partner(s) about safe sex, about their STD status? Do you revisit those conversations if you are are in an open relationship?

I am about to prepare a study on this issue and wanted to get some input from my GLBT friends.

So, let the conversation begin. I am really wanting to hear it all.

Thanks

Memphis (John)

1 in 5? REALLY?!

Whats your source?:confused:

Guess i have nothing to add to this topic. Virgin.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

1/5 is generally the result that the CDC keeps coming up with. It's depressing because I think many people of my generation actually think HIV isn't that big a risk anymore.

Personally, the handful of times I've gone home with randoms I did not do anal.

In the single monogamous relationship I had, I discussed testing and we shared our sexual histories. Even so, I'm a safe-sex nazi and get tested annually.

Did i say nothing to add?! I err...ment....Safe sex is VERY important, no matter the statistics!*Nods*Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

is it different in canada or the uk?

memphis Wrote:In light of the recent news that 1 in 5 gay men in major urban areas have HIV

That figure come from trawling around gay bars, clubs, etc. It excludes all the gay men in those geographic areas who do not regularly frequent those establishments.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Definitely use condoms, and plenty of lube. That combination is highly effective. About 8 years ago I had a partner who was HIV positive. It was very difficult for me at first. But I later on realized that having as many partners as I did, it was a 99% chance that I had already slept with a handful of positive people. You just have to be very careful. I also recommend talking about it as well. When my BF and I got together, we both got tested. We used them for about a year, and after 2 more tests we stopped. That still is very dangerous, because if he was to cheat on me, it could have devastating consequences. Yet, I trust him with my life, and he trusts me as well.

Scary statistics there...

my partner and I have both been tested and faithful to each other, so safe sex isn't such a big concern as it would be for anyone taking things casually or seeing new people. Safe sex is very important, and before seeing each other I would normally always rubber up unless I knew the person implicitly; this may sound risky or ridiculous but in my limited experience there were thingsfor example - one guy had only been with one girl, and was very much in love with me and told me everything. There was no doubt in my mind that we would be okay, but still practiced safe sex. It's very dependant on the person, and anybody with half a brain will take precautions.

It frustrates me still that I can't give blood for this reason.

The best way of Safe sex, Using Condoms, it doesn't give you best feeling but it's safe, i guess

PS: i don't like condom Big Grin it look like my partner doesn't love me how can you love some guy while he always scare you got sick. Lmao

Sil Wrote:It frustrates me still that I can't give blood for this reason.
I know, I'm too skinny to give bloody anyway but I think its ridiculous.

I'm a virgin so I wouldn't know, I would almost certainly rubber up and then once there is a high amount of trust between me and a partner then both get tested and go from there.