Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extreme Sports - Skateboarding
Skateboarding

[Image: selena-gomez-sick-skateboarder.jpg]

Skateboarding can be traced all the way back to the 1950's, but it got really really started in the 1960's. It was very popular from the 1970's to the 1990's. And thanks to Tony Hawk's series of video games, it made it a bit more popular in the 2000's. Tony Hawk is basically recognized as the Babe Ruth of skateboarding, however there's other greats like Geoff Rowley, Jamie Thomas and Ryan Sheckler (some speculate he's gay/bi, but that's another story for another day).

[Image: TonyHawk_468x481.jpg]

I've been skateboarding since I was 9 years old. It's too bad that I never really pursued it more. I could have been as awesome as Tony Hawk! However, I never persevered with it. Despite my high pain tolerance, I just decided not to get into it.

[Image: skateboarding_dog_1s.jpg]

Anyone else here into skateboarding? I haven't skateboarded in a very long time. I still have my skateboard from when I was 12. I do not have my first skateboard, since it was a plastic piece of shit made by Powell.

Nope! I never have tried skateboarding, I tend to like my ankles not broken.

Like the shoes though, skate shoes have nice wide toes lots of room for wiggling.

TimmyThink Wrote:Nope! I never have tried skateboarding, I tend to like my ankles not broken.

Like the shoes though, skate shoes have nice wide toes lots of room for wiggling.

They have bad arch support though.

I used to skate all through middle and high school. Fun times Smile

:eek::eek::eek:
This is not a kind of sport... this is torture .... if I should roll by myself, the goddess had given me wheels and no feet
Cool

TimmyThink Wrote:Nope! I never have tried skateboarding, I tend to like my ankles not broken.

Xyxthumbs

OrphanPip Wrote:They have bad arch support though.

Not true. It depends on which ones. There are DC Shoes that have great arch support. I convinced a skateboarder friend of mine back in high school to get them. He wanted shoes that had good arch support, so he got a pair of DC Shoes.

I love és shoes. Kostons. Artos. K4s.... Loved them!

These days you'll find me in a pair of NIkes instead. :p

My favorite boards were element (my email address/screen name is still "elmnt##") and Girl boards. I could one-eighty over a construction cone. Tongue For flip tricks.... basically backside flips were as technical as I got. My friends could nail 360 flips though.

Element make fantastic decks. I have a cheap knockoff of a Birdhouse deck. It's not entirely impressive. I wanted an Alien Workshop one, however I found those decks were poor. Girl was another brand I wanted and I never got one. That will be my next deck or I'll get something else.

Yeah I know