Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Golden Globes
The nominees are in, lots of the time the GG are a good benchmark on who is winning an Oscar.

Best Picture — Drama
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The King’s Speech
The Social Network

Inception should have this in the bag, it's just a mind blowing film.

Best Actor — Drama
Jesse Eisenberg, The Social Network
Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
James Franco, 127 Hours
Ryan Gosling, Blue Valentine
Mark Wahlberg, The Fighter

Best actor is really pretty much a toss up, I like Jesse Eisenberg or James Franco.

Best Actress — Musical or Comedy
Annette Bening, The Kids Are All Right
Anne Hathaway, Love and Other Drugs
Angelina Jolie, The Tourist
Julianne Moore, The Kids Are All Right
Emma Stone, Easy A

I really hope Emma Stone take's the upset here.

Best Director
Darren Aronofsky, Black Swan
David Fincher, The Social Network
Tom Hooper, The King’s Speech
Christopher Nolan, Inception
David O. Russell, The Fighter

I don't see how Christopher Nolan can lose this, Inception is the closest thing I've seen to flawless in a long time.

Best Screenplay
127 Hours, Simon Beaufoy and Danny Boyle
Inception, Christopher Nolan
The Kids Are All Right, Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg
The King’s Speech, David Seidler
The Social Network, Aaron Sorkin

Again Inception is the most original mind bending screenplay sense the first Matrix

Best TV Series — Musical or Comedy
30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
The Big C
Glee
Modern Family
Nurse Jackie

I love Big Bang an want to see it win but 30 Rock is a juggernaut, an I know a few people on GS are cheering for Glee

Best Actor — Musical or Comedy
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Steve Carell, The Office
Thomas Jane, Hung
Matthew Morrison, Glee
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Thoery

Jim Parsons all the way, come on Shelly better win.

Best Supporting Actor in TV Series, Mini-Series, or Made-for-TV Movie
Scott Caan, Hawaii Five-0
Chris Colfer, Glee
Chris Noth, The Good Wife
David Strathairn, Temple Grandin
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family

Lots of you boys are going for Chris Colfer, but my money is on Mr.Big Chris Noth.

If the Big Bang Theory wins best comedy TV series I will have to shoot myself in my comedy brain... outdated sitcom that unbelievably has lasted multiple seasons despite it's canned laughter, predictable jokes, stereotypes, and ungeeky geeks...

it just makes me sad the amount of comedy shows that get snuffed out while this still lives.

can you tell I'm not keen on it? Rolleyes

I need to watch some of these, only really seen Inception but it will win big for sure...

Sil Wrote:If the Big Bang Theory wins best comedy TV series I will have to shoot myself in my comedy brain... outdated sitcom that unbelievably has lasted multiple seasons despite it's canned laughter, predictable jokes, stereotypes, and ungeeky geeks...

it just makes me sad the amount of comedy shows that get snuffed out while this still lives.

can you tell I'm not keen on it? Rolleyes

I need to watch some of these, only really seen Inception but it will win big for sure...

What!!! your insane Sil buddy, I’ll admit that TBBT takes a 90s-ish approach to television but they make jokes about Romulans and Battlestar Galactica how can anyone not love that.

Nurse Jackie!!!! (I know most gays would love to see "Glee" win, but I'm all for Nurse Jacki)
Simply because Edie Falco is one of the best actresses out there. She did phenomenal in "The Sopranos"

TimmyThink Wrote:What!!! your insane Sil buddy, I’ll admit that TBBT takes a 90s-ish approach to television but they make jokes about Romulans and Battlestar Galactica how can anyone not love that.

Do not think that I will not suplex you!! :eek:

nah each to their own mate, I should give it another chance... those Coach Hines skits are awesome btw ^_^