Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried about HIV
Back in the summer I hooked up with this guy and I made it clear we needed to use protection (which we did)... but we ended up in the shower and he started on me again... I was stupid and didn't even think about it but then realized he hadn't used a condom... he said he was tested recently and is HIV- but I'm still really paranoid/freaked out about this. I'm going to go get tested but I just can't believe I was this stupid.

Sad This is a very unfortunate situation. I'm sorry. Wow, man. Good luck with this.

I don't think HIV is that easy to catch. . . If he's testing negative and you only did it once I'd say you're probably 99% safe.

Given that you said that you wanted to use a condom and then he f*cked you without one, is he the most trustworthy guy in the world? Best to get yourself checked out regardless of what he says about him being tested.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

natejackson Wrote:I don't think HIV is that easy to catch. . . If he's testing negative and you only did it once I'd say you're probably 99% safe.

According to the post he said he tested negative, but if he didn't even respect the OP's wish to use a condom then is it really wise to just blindly trust his word without still getting tested. Nope.

Hopefully you're fine, but it's good that you're double checking anyway.

You won't have detectable levels of antibodies in your blood stream so soon after infection, if you were infected.

It's best to be tested in a couple months, and then get tested every 6-12 months after that.

He said this event happened in the summer, so he must be at least a few months down the line.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:He said this event happened in the summer, so he must be at least a few months down the line.

You're totally right, I didn't read closely enough.

Anyway, still best to be tested every 6-12 months if you're involved in sexual activity.

Anonymous Wrote:Back in the summer I hooked up with this guy and I made it clear we needed to use protection (which we did)... but we ended up in the shower and he started on me again... I was stupid and didn't even think about it but then realized he hadn't used a condom... he said he was tested recently and is HIV- but I'm still really paranoid/freaked out about this. I'm going to go get tested but I just can't believe I was this stupid.

I was in your exact situation. Well, mine was a bit different. This happened in 2009. Anyway....I went clubbing with this guy I knew and I got really drunk. We go back to his place and wind up in his bedroom. He's cute, but I really had no intentions of having sex with him. He says he wants to watch a movie with me. So we're on his bed and he somehow forgets about the "movie" and starts to undress me, turns off the lights, and proceeds to face fuck me and then sticks it up my ass. The alcohol was clouding my mind and I didn't even think about a condom. The next morning -- with a clear (if somewhat hungover) mind -- I asked him if he used a condom and he said no.
Yikes! I got all panicked and worried, and he said, "Don't worry! I get tested all the time....I don't have anything!" That wasn't really good enough for me (especially when I later learned he's a bit slutty). I was so paranoid. Thank God, though -- I got tested a couple months later and was clean. Whew! Lesson learned!

I hope everything works out for you!