Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting our views across
The recent Gay Week on Channel 4 really did limit the experience of a gay person. Everytime a programme looks at gays it's either sex, cruising, cheating or 'coming out'. I am fed up of these stories, I am fed up of telling people how I came out.

Although, an important part of each of our lives there should be no neccessity to identify ourselves as one thing or another we are who we are! Afterall!

I am working on a new programme for radio whcih I hope to break into TV over the next twelve months speaking to queers, like myself, who have a normal life. What are our issues? How does tax effect us? Family, education, smoking laws?

Under 25's don't have a voice or if they do, it;s from people who are out of touch. They may work with under 25's but canot directly understand the differences from then to now!

Give me your thoughts, I need help on this...are us under 25's still too ignorant or just not given a platform to speak on?

ryanhonline Wrote:Under 25's don't have a voice or if they do, it;s from people who are out of touch. They may work with under 25's but canot directly understand the differences from then to now!

Sorry i dont understand a) What age has to do with that? b) To whom you want to pass youe message across and be heard ? Rolleyes

I don't understand him either. Maybe because both of us are over 25? :biggrin:

i think everybody different so age does not matter. you will still get young promiscuous gay boys who cruise and sleeze around as well as the older guys. i know we are not all like that but there is still a big percentage. you only have to look on gaydar website and you will see how many under 25s meet this stereotype.

coming out stories are interesting for me because being gay is still tabu. it is our parents and peer dream that kids grow up, get a good job, get married and have their own kids someday.

exactly what ive been saying. it all comes down to the stereotypical gay guy. 1 of the biggest problems is TV cus it promotes sterotyping. For example Big Brother (i love this show but) every gay guy on there is as camp as Deva Daves hat lol and not all gay guys are like that. Because tv makes all gay men look the same it makes us all look like we put it about, alot of gay guys do but i dont and personally find it discusting that people mite think that of me and other non slapper gay guys.

but then thats the world not like we can change it