Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost of conversion therapy
The crazies are still out there - but you all knew that, anyway. Dr. George Rekers, who was a leading "ex-gay therapist" with NARTH before he got caught with someone he met on RentBoy.com, has ruined many lives. His experimental "therapy", dubbed the "sissy boy experiment", is still being cited as "proof" that homosexuality can be headed off. If you have time, do have a look at the video. Stay angry.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/06/07/sis...index.html

Condolences to Kirk Murphy's family who have recently discovered the cost of the treatment Kirk received in childhood.

I saw this on Anderson Cooper... I wanted to cry for the guy that hung himself and I will NEVER fucking forgive the Family Research Council nor this sack of shit doctor...

It's alive and well in the UK too. The professional bodies seem slow and reluctant to tackle the quacks in their midst, but there is some hope.

http://www.exgaywatch.com/wp/2011/05/uk-...-gay-cure/

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad: :mad: :mad:

Self Loathing Gays like Rekers who spend so much time trying to "kill" the gay inside of them by externalizing it and ruining so many lives may very well be the thing I hate the most in this world.

I think I said this here once before...and this happened on different levels so many times....one day this seemingly charming guy came in and started talking to me and in the course of the conversation he said to me something close to this: Aren't you happy I am gay now because I used to stand outside and follow gay men and jump and bash them?. He actually wanted my approval...I could feel my blood turn cold and my eyes turned to ice. I can't remember ever feeling that kind of hate for another human being before. I have absolutely no compassion or sympathy for these closet cases who do so much damage to the people who are brave enough to embrace who they are and stand up tall. Having said that...to do it to a child...no words. :mad:

They are covering this story right now on smodcast internet radio, I don't really know how to react to it right now other than WTF!!!! Devilfinger

Trust me I know all about this, isn't homosexuality shaped by genetics and random environmental factors?

Dr Qazi Rahman, study co-author and a leading scientist on human sexual orientation, explains: "This study puts cold water on any concerns that we are looking for a single 'gay gene' or a single environmental variable which could be used to 'select out' homosexuality - the factors which influence sexual orientation are complex. And we are not simply talking about homosexuality here - heterosexual behaviour is also influenced by a mixture of genetic and environmental factors.

Source: Queen Mary, University of London

I've nick this from http://esciencenews.com/articles/2008/06...al.factors