Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Author
I enjoy reading Stephen King and Cormac Mcarthy. Who do you enjoy reading?

Stephen King, the One and Only.

Never read any Stephen King, nor any of the Harry Potter series. I quite liked Alexandre Dumas and Agatha Christie. And Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Jane Austen these days would spring to mind. Sorry nothing very modern here.

Hey Slipknot,

Did you know that Stephen King will write one of the episodes of AMC's "The Walking Dead"? It will feature S.K. as a zombie that gets killed in some gruesome yet humorous way. Imagine that. King Zombie. LOL!

I quit reading S.K. after I read "IT" because I knew he couldn't write a better book and I didn't want him to try. Nowadays, I read non-fiction. I like Richard Bandler and his great book: "Time for a Change".

Plus I have written a couple of books myself. (Well the second one this year will be released in about 4 days).

For the past few years my favourite author has been Neil Gaiman. It is completely beyond my understanding how his extraordinary imagination works.

Other favourite authors include Charlotte Brontë, Iain Banks, Sue Welfare and Jan Mark.

Since Im retired I have not enough time to read :-) I hear my books ... I like Audible... Last books I have heard : PApillon, Avalon series, Krabat ( in US called "The black mill", Agatha Christie, Stephen King, Tolkien, Erich Maria Remarque, Heine, Goethe... I hear adult books .. but I like childrens books, too. Like Enid Blyton... What I really like are historic books about Middleage, WW2 and I hear uncomfortable books, too

Are there some books translated from Wilhelm Hauff or Theodor Storm into the english language ? They wrote some really great books....

There are many authors I like to read; at the moment I'm enjoying China Mieville, been ploughing through his books!

Mieville is good stuff.

For living authors I'm probably most fond of Haruki Murakami. John Irving novels meant a lot to me in high school and I continue to read him, though he hasn't been able to reproduce the genius of A Prayer for Owen Meanie.

My username may also clue people in to the fact that I am a Dickens fan, Great Expectations remains close to my heart.

I have a scholarly fondness for the libertine and cavalier writers of the Interregnum and Restoration in England: Richard Lovelace, John Wilmot Earl of Rochester, George Etherege and William Wycherley. The "metaphysical poets" like John Donne, Andrew Marvell and George Herbert are personal favourites.

You're right Pip, I was looking for John Irving's name, but could only remember the name of Garp... Silly what old age can do to your memory! :frown:

I'm my favourite author. Well I would be.