Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spray-on condom unveiled
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/sprayoncondom.jpg[/img2]A German inventor has invented a spray-on condom.

Jan Vinzenze Krause, director of the Institute for Condom Consultancy said the idea came from the idea that the condom should fit the man, and not the other way round.

Speaking to Spiegel Online he said: "If you go into a drug store to buy condoms, the ones they sell are mainly suited to men with the average penis length of 14.5 centimetres (5.51 inches), but a lot of people have penises that are smaller or larger than that.

"This would represent a revolution in the condom market," he added.

The device works by spraying liquid latex straight on to the penis, which covers it in a matter of seconds.

The spray-on condom will, however, work out as more expensive than conventional ones.

The chamber will cost around £11 to £18 and the liquid latex refills, which produce between 10 and 20 condoms depending on size, will be priced at between £3.50 to £7.

That amounts to around 70p per condom, compared with around 35p per conventional sheath.

Although there are many legal hurdles to overcome and technical niggles to iron out, he is hoping it will eventually be available to buy in shops.

The system works a bit like a car wash. The man put his penis in a chamber and presses a button to start the jets of liquid latex, sucked from a detachable cartridge.

The rubber dries in seconds and is later rolled off and discarded like a conventional condom.

The aim is for the process to take just 10 seconds but at present the latex drying time is around 20 to 25 seconds. "We're working to shorten that time," said Krause.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

HHmmmm......

But the traditional condom allows for a small extra bit at the tip to hold the sperm. Does the article mention how they will accomplish that? It might not be very nice to shoot your load and end up needing to call a plumber ;-)

I've heard of spray paint, and spray tan, but this takes the biscuit!

I wonder if they'll invent jonny-salons... All-over condom.

And we'll have perma-doms as well!

Oh, what a palava!

x

Thank you !! Andy for a nice article like this. I've heard about this kind of condom before . It's not available in Thailand yet but i hope it will come here so soon HAHAHA. Biggrinflip

Michael Wrote:HHmmmm......

But the traditional condom allows for a small extra bit at the tip to hold the sperm. Does the article mention how they will accomplish that? It might not be very nice to shoot your load and end up needing to call a plumber ;-)

Intresting idea but as Michael says where does the spunk go? I know that improper use has broken a bunch of condoms for me so I would assume that without a place for the spunk to go a spray on would break a lot more than a regular. But hey, for those lucky guys who can't fit in regular condoms it would be a plus.

Hmm most guys buy condoms like £1 at a pub.. now what they do carry a can of condoms around?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Considering that this is going to be fairly expensive during it's first few years (maybe decades?) of production, I'm going to guess that these are going to flop. While the idea is great, spray on Latex... err, I think I can see a few problems with this: first, the one that everyone's already pointed out. The second is how long does it take for the latex to fully spray on? If you're really in the mood and you don't want to wait, there's a distinct possibility that the person might not have it spraying on long enough, and whoops. there wasn't enough latex to protect!

I just wouldn't trust it... if there's any gap or mis-application, then there's potential for stuff going wrong

Yer and what about if you're alergic and didn't know?
And when you spray it on when you're hard wudnt some go, like, *in* the slit bit? or even the hole! or under the foreskin! Argh!

This doesn't bode well lol.

If you're allergic to latex... you wouldn't be able to use normal condoms either