Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why be unkind?
a more appropriate response would have been 'Thanks Pix for your suggestion but I am an cantancarous old prick thats not really interested in getting better when I get so much pleasure from throwing my disability in peoples faces and then abusing them self ritghteously when they do not yeild to me or say something that I don't agree with'

I think you are a real peice of work that has lived off sympathy for sooooo long that sucking the life out of other people has become your new disability.

GROW UP!!!!

Pix Wrote:People with disabilities should have some accommodation. However, the disabilities act wasn't intended so people like you could make the kinds of demands that you do and imply you'd sick lawyers on messageboards if they don't do as you say.

I've had years of therapy for my PTSD, luckily with a lot of success, and when I reacted strongly and negatively to everyday things as I've done in the past I recognized the problem was with me, not society. That's not to say that I think I was never justified in my annoyance (just in it being so over the top), but I did recognize that I needed to change myself, not everyone else. When I became irrational and called people names as I've seen you do in this thread I've apologized for it with sincere regret over my behavior, not excused myself for it.

Furthermore, I've gone to a support group of others with PTSD and even though some had it much worse than me none of them came close to the level you describe. If you're not exaggerating your symptoms then you are an extreme case of it, not a typical sufferer.

Well done Pix you are managing your disability well, and I am proud that you have tried to help, but I think unfortunately it has been and will continue to be to no avail.

I have been terribly wrong about all of this. Pix has been very very helpful in getting me to see this. I am terribly sorry for being such a rude beast to you all.
I realize I was engageing you all as unpaid, unwilling, psychotherapists and that was unfair. I would like to note, you are excellent pschotherapists. I am actually over this issue.
I got farther in a few days with you people than I have gotten in the last 5 years in one-on-one psychotherapists. I was in a rut and you saved me. I couldn't have gotten this help anywhere else, I feel and I owe you all a lot of gratitude.
I deeply appreciate the supportive things that were said here, because without them I would have felt to embattled and would have just left the site. I would like to thank those who were most sympathetic in their opposition because it helped me to actually listen to the other side. I would like to thank pix for her inspiring privat messages. She's just great, sincerely and I hope she can forgive my flipant response. And lastly ZackT for giving me the shock therapy I was in deep need of. I am soooo sorry I called you a troll, Zack, you're an honest fellow. You can't say that about everyone and that's for sure. I hope you can forgive me, one and all for being such an ass.
I will try to do better.
Let's drop this now, shall we?

Pix Wrote:People with disabilities should have some accommodation. However, the disabilities act wasn't intended so people like you could make the kinds of demands that you do and imply you'd sick lawyers on messageboards if they don't do as you say.

I've had years of therapy for my PTSD, luckily with a lot of success, and when I reacted strongly and negatively to everyday things as I've done in the past I recognized the problem was with me, not society. That's not to say that I think I was never justified in my annoyance (just in it being so over the top), but I did recognize that I needed to change myself, not everyone else. When I became irrational and called people names as I've seen you do in this thread I've apologized for it with sincere regret over my behavior, not excused myself for it.

Furthermore, I've gone to a support group of others with PTSD and even though some had it much worse than me none of them came close to the level you describe. If you're not exaggerating your symptoms then you are an extreme case of it, not a typical sufferer.

nullnaught Wrote:I would like to thank pix for her inspiring privat messages. She's just great, sincerely and I hope she can forgive my flipant response

Thanks. And sure, water under the bridge already forgotten about.

nullnaught Wrote:A quick response now; group therapy is for people who whish to develope their drama skills and get sympathy at the same time. It is an excersize in intellectual and emotional Onanism.

That is not altogether true. Group therapy allows us to find others who, like us, have X,Y, Z issues/problems and we form a support system where we can be more comfortable talking about those issues with people who share a common frame of reference with us with that issue.

This is why programs like AA and NA work - a group of drunks can get together and share their innermost feelings knowing that everyone present knows exactly what the person is talking about because everyone in the room has been there, done that and knows it intimately.

Yes there are those who abuse it, twist it and make it into a pissing contest, however there is a larger majority who come away 'better' from the positive aspects.

I didn't see this until just now, had a busy thanksgiving and thanksgiving weekend.

Nullnaught actually PM'd me and apologized too, which I thought was very nice.

Hey man, I ain't mad. I mean, I do greatly appreciate you apologizing, but I do understand that I was not exactly saying something you wanted to hear and (depending on the issue) that can be a very ugly thing to deal with. I'm glad that you feel that progress has been made, and I do hope you are moving a bit forward and not having to feel sick at the mention of any specific words.

And I do apologize for being so blunt, I've never known anyone with PTSD and I have never had it myself, so it's entirely possible I was being unintentionally hurtful, and that was certainly never my intention.