Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want a tattoo
wanting to get a couple tattoos. one i want to be an anchor. to remind me to stay grounded. and the other i want to be a compass. this is to show my way through the screwed up thing we call life. any ideas??

anchor &compass
ok

I like the anchor idea!

i really like this one. still looking for a compass one that i like

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you live with it the rest of your life?

Are you planing on losing/gaining weight - shifting weight, say building larger biceps?

If so these will cause changes in the tat.

We won't even talk about sagging skin and what that does to tattoos :tongue:

I'm sorry to say but that anchor reminds me too much of Popeye The Sailorman and the anchor on his arm..!

Wasntme

Getting a tattoo is a big descision, I went through a phase where I wanted one when I was 17 then I though Jesus I'm gonna be stuck with it. So I decided to wait for a month and if I still wanted one I'd get one. Low and behold after a month I didn't want one, plus I'm not a fan of pain so I decided against it.

im not a fan of pain either. but this is something that i have been wanting to do for the last couple years. im just being really picky about it. that and they are expensive.

if your goin to have one then fist find a tatto artist that has been recommended or that you have seen his work on other people and ask if they were happy with the result, plus dont go choosing the tatto off the wall as mamy many others will have the very same one - go in with some sketches or photos, show the guy where u want it and would it work there, you dont have to have it on that very day either, ask his ideas then go back when ur happy with your design choice - watch a lot of LA / miami ink too...its there for life so take the time before taking the plunge - and post a pic for us once ur inked m8 Smile

wakeboarder Wrote:im not a fan of pain either. but this is something that i have been wanting to do for the last couple years. im just being really picky about it. that and they are expensive.

Well if you have been that adamant for so long, get one Confusedmile: just make sure it's one that will suit you, you are going to be carrying it for the rest of your life.