Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gringrich says gays better vote for Obama
[URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/newt-gingrich-tells-gay-iowa-man-scott-arnold-better-voting-obama-article-1.994735"](Gingrich) The Republican presidential candidate told a homosexual Iowa man (Scott Arnold) at a campaign event on Tuesday to vote for President Obama.

Scott Arnold, a Democrat and associate professor of writing at William Penn University, approached the ex-House speaker in Oskaloosa wanting to know how Gingrich would represent him as President, according to the Des Moines Register (newspaper).

"I asked him if he’s elected, how does he plan to engage gay Americans. How are we to support him? And he told me to support Obama,"[/URL]

[Image: republican-5997.jpg]

It doesn't really matter to alot of gay people if the candidate supports them or not...one group of Gay Republicans asked Ann Coulter to be on their Board of Directors. The Republicans want to make sure that we go backward and there will be alot of gay people helping them.

I voted for McCain last time =x

I wouldn't do that now though, I have learned a lot more about the gov't and politics lately. The republic candidates are scary and most of my republican friends think it is a bad year for them, lol.

Jack Donaghy: ...let me ask you a question, Kenneth. If Mr. Bright here told you to vote Republican, would you do it?
Kenneth Parcell: Oh, uh, no, sir. I don't vote Republican or Democrat. Choosing is a sin, so I always just write in the Lord's name!
Jack Donaghy: That's Republican. We count those.

I am a centrist, moderate third part person.

I am always forced to vote for Democrat or Republican come the Presidential election.

I do not vote 'gay' I vote for the one I think will do the least amount of damage in office.

McCain almost got my vote. However the sound of President Palin scared the crap out of me. Given his health issues I wondered if the stress of the office of president wouldn't be too much, thus leaving us with President Sarah Palin....

As it stands, I might just vote Democrat no matter who the republicans throw up. Even if they recruit Jesus Christ Himself to run for office, after the past 12 years of shenanigans on part of the 'party' they no longer get a vote from me.

For the Record, I did vote Schwarzenegger into California office the second time. I voted against the recall I assumed Gray Davis only needed more time. however once Arnold was in office I decided to give him more time as well.

I wait for the day when the majority of citizens will see that this two party system isn't really working, and we throw of the tyrants and go off the range and start voting in other people from other parties.

I'm not holding my breath.....

There's an alternative form of voting (Australia already has it) that some in the US are trying to push. It's very frustrating, I CANNOT remember what it's called, though years ago I helped some locals in promoting it! Basically, you vote for candidates in order of preference so that people don't feel pressured to "vote the lesser evil." For example, you see an ideal candidate, probably Third Party, you can vote him/her as your first choice, and then the "lesser evil" in the primary party as 2nd choice, so even if most people don't vote for your ideal candidate then your choice for "lesser evil" still stands a chance of getting in.

Anyway, I'm glad to know many conservatives I know are really alienated with the Republican Party for being so extremist and even downright nasty. Well I should amend that to conservatives I still have anything to do with. It's scary to me just how many are flocking to the extremist banner that's based a lot on hate and vitriol and even rage. Even Medved commented on this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...l-bid.html

Quote:Why do so many prominent pundits and politicos on the right who embraced Mitt Romney as their champion in 2008 reject him now as a gutless, unprincipled moderate and unworthy standard-bearer for the conservative cause?

Quote:In other words, a moment of aspiration has given way to an era of anger, while hope and change morphed into rage and paranoia. Some measure of the sad state of the nation, and of the conservative movement, can be gathered from the desperate weeks that the preening demagogue Donald Trump actually received serious consideration as a presidential possibility.

In this atmosphere Romney looks suspect to many activists on the right not because he isn’t conservative enough but because he isn’t angry enough. His real problem isn’t a question of ideology, it’s a matter of attitude. Mitt can’t keep himself from looking self-possessed and unflappable, cool and collected, reasonable and restrained. Rage isn’t part of his emotional repertoire: even when visibly frustrated by Rick Perry’s boorish disregard of all rules of debate in the Las Vegas slugfest, he came across as more pained and perplexed than infuriated.

Like most seriously successful businessmen, Mitt is a pragmatic problem solver, a sensible fixer, a technocrat. It’s easy to imagine him rolling up his carefully cuff-linked sleeves to begin a process of cooperative, institutional repair in Washington, but it’s tough to visualize the perfectly poised governor at the head of an avenging conservative army, laying waste to the opposition in a merciless effort to smash the remaining redoubts of their power.

Four years ago, Mike Huckabee delighted his many admirers with a wonderful line that seemed to capture the more hopeful spirit of that time. “I’m a conservative,” he liked to say, “but I’m not angry about it.”

The fact that Mitt Romney’s lack of anger and indignation has become a disqualifying attribute to many of his conservative critics isn’t just a problem for Romney or for Republicans. It’s an alarming development for the United States of America.

Still voting for the lesser evil if your preferred third Party Person doesn't make it to the debates....

They (media) totally ignore third party runners for president anymore. You are offered crap or shit - it all stinks the same. :mad:

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I am a centrist, moderate third part person.

I am always forced to vote for Democrat or Republican come the Presidential election.

I do not vote 'gay' I vote for the one I think will do the least amount of damage in office.

McCain almost got my vote. However the sound of President Palin scared the crap out of me. Given his health issues I wondered if the stress of the office of president wouldn't be too much, thus leaving us with President Sarah Palin....

As it stands, I might just vote Democrat no matter who the republicans throw up. Even if they recruit Jesus Christ Himself to run for office, after the past 12 years of shenanigans on part of the 'party' they no longer get a vote from me.

For the Record, I did vote Schwarzenegger into California office the second time. I voted against the recall I assumed Gray Davis only needed more time. however once Arnold was in office I decided to give him more time as well.

I wait for the day when the majority of citizens will see that this two party system isn't really working, and we throw of the tyrants and go off the range and start voting in other people from other parties.

I'm not holding my breath.....

I can't count how many people I know who voted for Obama because Sarah Palin as potential president scared the crap out of them. Dumbest choices McCain ever made.
Richard

[Image: selling-obama.jpg?w=873]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I posted this in another thread, and I'm posting here since it applies. just editing it a bit.

Gringrich says to vote for Obama. Absolutely. President Obama has done A LOT for the gay community.

Ordered Federal Government to extend key benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees.

Hosted the FIRST White House LGBT pride reception in history.

Awarded the highest civilian honor, the medal of freedom, to lesbian Billie Jean King, and the late gay activist Harvey Milk.

Created a National Resource Center for Lesiban, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Elders

Signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act into law.

Ended discrimination based on gender identity in the federal government.

Lifted the ban that prohibited people with HIV/AIDS from entering the US.

Ensured Hospital visitation and medical decision-making rights for gay & lesbain patients.

Allowed trans Americans to receive true gender passports without surgery.

Clarified the Family and Medical Leave Act ensuring family leave for LGBT employees.

Released America's first comprehensive plan to prevent and end homelessness, which includes homeless LGBT youth.

Awarded a grant to the Los Angelas Gay and Lesbian Community Services Center to work with LGBT foster youths.

Recorded an "It Gets Better" video.

Led a United Nations measure that restored "sexual orientation" to the definition of human rights.

Signed the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Ensured that government housing programs can no longer discriminate against the LGBT community.

Proposed more funding for LGBT priorities such as HIV/AIDS prevention and education, and bullying and teen suicide prevention.

Declared the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as unconstitutional and announced the administration will no longer defend its constutionality in court.

Hosted a conference on bullying prevention at the White House.

Completed an Institute of Medicine study on LGBT Heath, the first of its kind.

Clarified the meaning of "family" to include LGBT relationships, helping to protect bi-national families threatened by deportation.

Supported lesbian widow Edith Winsor in her suit against DOMA.

Issued guidence to foster safer working environments for transgender federal employees.

Strengthened enforcement of same-sex hospital visitation rights and decision making.

Implemented the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

Why should we not support this President when he's clearly supporting us?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

i voted for McCain and Kerry in 2004

i hate newt Gingrich -or dislike him intensely

if he said the above then more reason to dislike the mealy mouth