Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you ever???? Think sod it and go with life?
Hi,
I was wondering has anyone ever looked at yourself in the mirror and thought Im not happy with the person staring back??? Now i know people always set resolutions for the first of january purely because its an easy date to remember but for me i decided to put mine in february... Since the 8th December to the 16th January ive worked 14 occurances as overtime with 4 days off one being xmas day and figured enough is enough.... I decided today that as of January 31st 2012 at exactly wake up time the tobacco is going in the bin, the sweets which include haribo, after eights, licorice alsorts, ferro rocay are all going in the bin, im having a complete refurbishment of not only myself but also my well being...
I drive 6 miles to work everyday sitting in a bloody school run and listening to some crap on the radio.. I sit endlessly in traffic getting easily into road rage and usually end up offending the offender such as side swiping the car in the que who did it to me... Im going to be shedding some weight and toning up and investing in a brand spanking new BIKE... I told my boyfriend im doing this and he said on payday his going to invest in a bike too as we can cycle accross the cliffs to work on non rainy days... l will be honest about my weight im 12 and a half stone getting on 13 and i got a bit of a gut not alot just a bit so its time to say goodbye toi the excess baggage as no one likes excess things in life and time to invest in the new improved healthy me... l want to make my dreams a reality and one thing i want to do is go abroad to australia or america for my 28th Birthday in 2013 and actually say ive been abroad for the first time ever!!!! Of which a car running on £65 a week petrol isnt doing me no favours and i want it to be £65 a month maximum

anyone got any improvements for life in time?

kindest regards

zeon x

I gave up being a scientist and decided to go back to university to study English literature as a passion, that's enough wild life changes for me to last a little while.

Kudos zeon,
I admire your determination.
Not long I decided that life was too short to make excuses.
Since then I change whatever I am not happy with.
As a working mother/ wife I really never took time out for me .
I have changed that and allow myself the luxury of down time at least once a day.
Still not there 100% but I am trying.

sounds like a great thing to do
zeon Wrote:i know people always set resolutions for the first of january purely because its an easy date to remember but for me i decided to put mine in february
get off to a proper start
zeon Wrote:the sweets which include haribo, after eights, licorice alsorts, ferro rocay are all going in the bin
Best way to go, clean out the kitchen of any temptation. I dont recognize any of the brands you mention but some things, like hard candy, dont represent a lot of calories because you cant eat a lot of them in a day. Write down what you eat in an average day and look up the calories for each. Keep it less than 1800 calories per day and you will loose weight.

zeon Wrote:I drive 6 miles to work everyday sitting in a bloody school run and listening to some crap on the radio.
download a audio book onto an ipod

zeon Wrote:I drive 6 miles to work everyday ... I sit endlessly in traffic getting easily into road rage and usually end up offending the offender such as side swiping the car in the que who did it to me
dont think your weight loss effort and stopping the smokes will help here, maybe make you more aggressive. I find the road rage a terminal distraction especially if on a bicycle. Get a helmet.

zeon Wrote:time to say goodbye to the excess baggage as no one likes excess things in life and time to invest in the new improved healthy me
A pound (sorry about the units) of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. Exercise is a good thing but you will not loose a lot of weight by just cycling. Reduce the calorie intake is the only way. It takes a lot of exercise to burn say 300 calories but the average candy bar or protein bar is 300 calories.

I want to add muscle.
I want to come out to my family (I plan to after this semester because I will have my undergrad degree).
I want to get over my ex and move on.
I want to make more friends and be more open to new things.

Just a few for me.

Hm, I personally don't believe in making annual resolution. I say, if you want something, do it now. You don't need to wait every January to begin a resolution. Well unless it has something to do with going for a trip to another country. I guess.

I didn't like what I see in the mirror. By all means my physical appearance (I was morbidly obese). I was also putting my health on high risk. Next thing I know, I was on the move to lose weight. Dragging my fat butt in a jogging park everyday. I never looked and turned back. I'm very happy with the result. It doesn't only change my physical and strengthening my health. Weight loss has also changed my personality and the way I see life. I really love seeing myself bursting with confidence and positiveness.

If I may add something ...

To go to work, I take a bus - follows with a train - follows with a monorail - and then a 15-minute walk to reach office.

To go home, I skip the monorail. I walk straight to the train station instead. It takes approximately 30 minutes to reach the train station.

On a random day in year 2010, I skipped all public transports to go home. I walked straight home instead. I left my office at 6 pm and reached my house at around 8.30 pm. It was a 2-hour+ walk. My friends thought I was insane. But I thought it was amusing and adventurous.

I didn't plan to walk straight home on that day. I just felt like it. It was a spontaneous idea - out of the blue. I told myself. "Eh, you know what? I'm going to walk home. No bus and monorail."

Same thing goes with my stairs climbing exercise (Ground floor to 27th floor). My first stairs climbing wasn't planned at all. I remember coming back from lunch and there were a lot of people waiting for elevators to go back to their office.

Then it just hit me, "What if I just take the stairs instead. You know what, let's do this!"

So I did. I took the stairs instead of an elevator. I was wearing cotton shirt, a tie with leather shoes at the time.

I reached my floor all sweaty with a bit of sore feet. Thankfully my boss didn't come to work on that day. Again my colleagues/friends thought I was insane. I was like, "What's the big deal?"

Next day I stood outside of my office building. I looked at the building and went, "Whoa ... I climbed that??? No wonder my friends thought I was insane" Laugh

So yeah, I always believe in Just Do It. No excuses whatsoever. Don't wait, just do it.

Jay Wrote:Hm, I personally don't believe in making annual resolution. I say, if you want something, do it now. You don't need to wait every January to begin a resolution. Well unless it has something to do with going for a trip to another country. I guess.

I didn't like what I see in the mirror. By all means my physical appearance (I was morbidly obese). I was also putting my health on high risk. Next thing I know, I was on the move to lose weight. Dragging my fat butt in a jogging park everyday. I never looked and turned back. I'm very happy with the result. It doesn't only change my physical and strengthening my health. Weight loss has also changed my personality and the way I see life. I really love seeing myself bursting with confidence and positiveness.

If I may add something ...

To go to work, I take a bus - follows with a train - follows with a monorail - and then a 15-minute walk to reach office.

To go home, I skip the monorail. I walk straight to the train station instead. It takes approximately 30 minutes to reach the train station.

On a random day in year 2010, I skipped all public transports to go home. I walked straight home instead. I left my office at 6 pm and reached my house at around 8.30 pm. It was a 2-hour+ walk. My friends thought I was insane. But I thought it was amusing and adventurous.

I didn't plan to walk straight home on that day. I just felt like it. It was a spontaneous idea - out of the blue. I told myself. "Eh, you know what? I'm going to walk home. No bus and monorail."

Same thing goes with my stairs climbing exercise (Ground floor to 27th floor). My first stairs climbing wasn't planned at all. I remember coming back from lunch and there were a lot of people waiting for elevators to go back to their office.

Then it just hit me, "What if I just take the stairs instead. You know what, let's do this!"

So I did. I took the stairs instead of an elevator. I was wearing cotton shirt, a tie with leather shoes at the time.

I reached my floor all sweaty with a bit of sore feet. Thankfully my boss didn't come to work on that day. Again my colleagues/friends thought I was insane. I was like, "What's the big deal?"

Next day I stood outside of my office building. I looked at the building and went, "Whoa ... I climbed that??? No wonder my friends thought I was insane" Laugh

So yeah, I always believe in Just Do It. No excuses whatsoever. Don't wait, just do it.

I commend you, Jay, for all this naturally induced sport.. Indeed, doctors' recommendations for a healthy body are to use your own two feet as often as possible. Walking up the stairs instead of using the lift / elevator; walking to places instead of getting into a car or public transport. My mum, when she was in China for three years and without her car lost quite a bit of weight just walking and cycling everywhere. It was amazing. That, plus the fact that there was less fat and sugar added to natural food. It changed her appearance quite a lot. No sooner had she returned to the western world than she started putting on the weight... I suppose it's in our genes anyway to store fat. So anything you can do to do those recommended thirty minutes of natural sport a day will keep you fit and healthy. BRAVO!!!

As a person who has lost 40 pounds I know how great it feels. It's fantastic when you see the fat coming off and you feel better, more energetic, happier. Go for it brother, make yourself happy and healthy and you will feel innumerable reawrds.
Richard