Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm new to the forum and have some questions about Homosexuality....
I'm a straight man, and no I'm not in denial and this isn't some sub-concious or latent attempt at freeing myself... lol...

h/e.... without offending, because by no means am I a homophobe.... I'm somewhat 'concerned' about my nephew.... and I know that saying that I'm concerned may make many of you feel that I'm not as comfortable with homosexuality as I say I am....

but, I would like to make it clear that whether he's homo, bi, or anything else - he's my nephew and I'll love and support him no matter what....

My concerns as I put it... are more to do with, how he feels he has to hide 'his feelings', or repress them... and I know it may be difficult but i'd rather he feel comfortable expressing himself.... the truth is his parents will struggle to be as understanding as me, his father is my brother and I know he won't be as willing to accept him - if he were gay.... and I think he's often expressed as much about some of his behaviour and thus he's started to hide his feelings....

My questions for the homosexuals on the board are... how old were you, or far back can you think to yourself being gay? and I know homosexuals come in all shapes, sizes and all have varying interests....

but as far as behaviours.... do you remember wanting to dress in girls clothes, or wanting to watch 'girly cartoons'..... having a preference for colours like pink.... I know this sounds like a list of generalisations and stereotypes... but these things genuinely apply to my nephew....

for instance, he likes to play videogames but chooses girls characters, such as 'princess peach' and 'daisy' when playing mario games.... he prefers 'pink kirby' or 'pink toad'....

for anyone familiar with 'the nintendo wii', he recently put his 'mii character' in a girls costume.... and that's what he referred to it as.... and then claimed 'he didn't know who did that'..... and he then went on to try and make it clear he didn't like it.... as if to reassure everyone that he 'knew it was wrong'.....

he's always creating girl 'mii' characters..... blonde girls....

now, i guess i should mention he's only 7years old.... but is this enough for me to safely assume he's homosexual....

again, i'm not trying to belittle anyone - i'll admitt i'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to homosexuality and that's why i'd appreciate some input from people who've been through similar experiences.... or could shed some light......

thank you.

george.

Messages In This Thread
I'm new to the forum and have some questions about Homosexuality.... - by curiousgeorge - 08-16-2012, 12:50 AM