Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camp, should being camp set your role in a relationship?
Okay, I'm not talking about those that are intentionally camp, exaggerating it, etc... I'm talking about those of us that are naturally camp and, would have to fake it to act more masculine. The guys that are camp even if we are wearing camouflage, combat boots, toting a gun and hammering nails into the studs of the wall on the house we are building while watching football. The ones that no matter what we wear or what we do, we are somewhat effeminate and it's natural, not forced or even something we really think about, it is just how we are.

Does, or should that determine your role in a relationship? Do you think others see effeminate gay men as bottoms automatically? Is that different among heterosexuals vs. LGBT people?

I am one of those men, just naturally camp, not extremely so but enough that every partner I have had had commented on it. Now, being single after coming out of a long term relationship, it seems more of the men I meet automatically expect me to be a bottom or submissive than the last time I was single. Maybe it's just the area I live in now, or the ones I've met but, maybe it is indicative of a cultural shift in our community.

Messages In This Thread
Camp, should being camp set your role in a relationship? - by Blue - 08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Camp, should being camp set your role in a relationship? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 08-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Camp, should being camp set your role in a relationship? - by LateBloomer - 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM