Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going by gut feelings
I see this advice given a lot, so I got to wondering...what would you advise the people who do go with their gut feelings who like...

Those who thought my BFF (who is a professional administrative assistant, supporter of gay rights, dedicated Taoist, very understanding and somewhat shy, lover of trance music, who has me as her BFF and once came to the defense of a white guy hit with "reverse racism") who thought her to be violent, on welfare, not liking white people, a listener of hip hop, against gay rights, and even (the winner!) a drug dealer? (Yes, she's black.)

Or the Californians (perhaps after hearing my Texas accent) who's gut feelings told them that I'm a Christian heterosexual with sometimes being stupid, homophobic, and/or racist thrown in as well? (I think my favorite was when one such guy warned me against lesbians who would try to rape & turn Christians like me. Given that his advice was to shoot to kill such lesbians who had a friend who told me he thought it was justified self-defense to kill gays as they spread AIDS at like drinking fountains I didn't correct his "gut instinct.")

Or the Texans (and some very fundamentalist Christians in California) who's gut instinct tells them I'm a whore who seduces Christians into Satan worship, and at least once that I killed cats and the winner being my high school counselor who said she suspected me of having come back to school to find a blonde virgin sacrifice for a Satanic cult.

Or how about the many men who thought I was trying to seduce them (you know, just by laughing at a joke they said, being friendly or even just polite, or heck even just walking past them, but their gut instinct lets them know I want their penis inside me!). And not just men, but sometimes women have been sure I was trying to steal their man.

I'm not saying it doesn't ever work, nor am I saying it doesn't have its place...but what do you say to people like this (who are legion) about trusting their gut instincts?

Messages In This Thread
Going by gut feelings - by Pix - 10-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Going by gut feelings - by ChadCoxRox - 10-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Going by gut feelings - by spencer - 10-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Going by gut feelings - by Blue - 10-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Going by gut feelings - by Bowyn Aerrow - 10-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Going by gut feelings - by lizzielee - 10-14-2012, 02:50 AM
Going by gut feelings - by dfiant - 10-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Going by gut feelings - by ceez - 10-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Going by gut feelings - by megumidesu - 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Going by gut feelings - by Pix - 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM