Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay and Hanging With The Bros???
Warning: long. (please help)

So, I'm a gay man, and I'm just depressed and not sure what to do. I am feeling really lonely right now. I'm 22, poor, in college, still live at home... I'm out to most my friends, they're all fine with it, but I've just gotten completely bored with life. All my friends are straight, and most are single. So what do they want to do every Friday and Saturday night? Go find loose women and get trashed... I've just gotten so bored of it... I think I've gotten to be kind of a downer to be honest, and now I don't feel wanted around anymore really. I go to class and work all week, and want to have fun on the weekends like anyone else, so what do I do? Go hang out with friends. We drink at someone's house, then go to the bars usually. I of course have no desire to bring home girls, but that's all my friends want to do, so I end up just following everyone around, sitting there getting smashed to try to break the crushing boredom, wasting a bunch of money, and feeling like crap for the entire next day... Now, it's not like I don't want my friends to have fun and get laid and everything, but it's an extremely boring time for me to say the least. I finally came out about a year ago, even though I've always known I was gay, I'm a masculine guy, and my friends are all "bros" basically, so I've been around this 'bro' culture forever, never saying a word or doing anything I wanted looking back on things.

I found out tonight my best friend of like a dozen years is avoiding me, so that's really got me down more than anything. I went out drinking with a couple of them, they both ditched me to go to some girl's house. Just left me sitting on the street with nowhere to go, they apologized in the morning but completely lied about what happened... I just feel like I can never have straight friends, and that I'm going to end up alone forever.

I don't really know what to do. I'm really pissed off and depressed that I can no longer have a good time with any of my friends. All we ever do is party, and of late, look for girls. I guess I'm a little tired of that too (drinking). I've probably had more alcohol run through me than, dare I say, 99.9% of 22 year-olds. I am lucky I'm not dead from it probably.

I realize I need a new hobby, but do you think I need new friends too?

I wish I had just one gay friend, I know zero other gay people. I am not femmy or anything, I don't really like those who are, it just annoys me and I don't get it at all, so it really narrows things down. I know not all gays are butch or whatever the term is but it sure does narrow things down... I just don't know what to do, I am mostly writing this because I can't sleep right now and just can't stop thinking about things. Life has just gotten stale.

I guess I'm just at that point where I don't want to talk to anybody anymore. I try to stay positive but I've been having suicidal thoughts lately (I'm not going to kill myself) and I'm afraid to just break away and really just throw all my old friends away, but I feel I need to, I already feel lonely enough as it is though and I don't know if I can handle being any lonelier..

How do you make new friends?

Please help.

Messages In This Thread
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by manonthemoon - 10-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by pellaz - 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by Blue - 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by OrphanPip - 10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by TomStatic - 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by Rainbowmum - 10-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by outthecloset - 10-23-2012, 04:18 AM
Gay and Hanging With The Bros??? - by Sil - 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM