Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the bright side there are potentials here....
Apparently this coming week is turning out to mean I will be thrust into more social occasions than have been in for... well lets round it off at one year...

As some of you may have guessed (I may have hinted once or twice), I am a 'mature' near 48 year old single gay man who is open to the potentials of romance should opportunity arise.

And it has. What with the Funeral, Church services, meals..... This will be a week of unprecedented socializing the likes I haven't seen since 2011.

So a few questions about using the death of someone to (hopefully) meet Mr. Right.

1. If a man meets my fancy, is there any funereally oriented pick up lines I should try that are sure bets (understand I don't get to go to as many funerals as I may need to reach my goal of married by 50). I mean the old stand bys for picking up people are usually too bright and cheery, while Fun is in Funeral people seem to get upset if you are all smiles and cheery - they want a more stoic, quiet approach.

2. Morticians/Funeral Personnel. Now I fully understand that Bob was old, 82... And most of his friends were at least as young as he if not older. So I may be forced to settle for 'the help'.... What do you think about the appropriateness of trying to pick up on someone when they are at work? In this case being I most likely will not have a real reason to see them in the near term (such as I would the stock boy who used to work at the grocery store), is being open and honest about my feelings at the earliest time possible more suited for this particular situation.

3. Being a "grieving survivor". I understand I must wear black, but is wearing a minor hint of my rainbow affiliation to make certain it is clear that I am queer and here at the funeral too much?

4. Frankly I need a way to signal 'single and available'... My typical habit is a cock ring in the applet of my leather jacket, but I fear the request has been a suit and tie... Any suggestions to discretely signal?

5. I am a product of a bygone era, so does hanky code still apply, and does the hanky still have to be black (being a funeral). While I am into BDSM I do have my limits and Heavy S&M is not something I like... Much (some days you feel like a nut, some days you are)...

I do tend to stick with light blue and grey (rarely do I feel like a red hanky) would a nice grey hanky fit the more solemn occasion of a funeral, grave site memorial and all of the other places we will be going this week in memoriam?

6. How tactful should I be when comparing the casket and draping and trappings to other funerals I have been to? I understand designers are hard t find, but still did they really need to bury him in THAT old thing?

7. Lastly, since I haven't done a funeral as a single desperate old queen who is painfully aware that the days ahead are far fewer than the days behind... Should I express how this recent death has reminded me of how old I really am (not the age I claim to be) and is is appropriate to add that I feel that I will never find love and die an old bitter queen?

Messages In This Thread
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-26-2014, 02:09 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by southbiochem - 02-26-2014, 02:15 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Lycanthropist - 02-26-2014, 03:22 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-26-2014, 03:23 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Bowyn Aerrow - 02-26-2014, 03:26 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Lycanthropist - 02-26-2014, 03:36 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Sylph - 02-26-2014, 03:58 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by MisterTinkles - 02-26-2014, 04:30 AM
On the bright side there are potentials here.... - by Woollyhats - 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM