Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two)
Hi This might be something a little different

Let me introduce myself
I am a straight atheist man. I recently for want of a better word 'infiltrated' a Christian forum, as going on as an atheist had me kicked. So I thought I would pose as a christian. It is quite an experience as I had to remind myself that I did not believe in god, that is how much I am thinking like a Christian.

Putting myself in some very far right Christian shoes has bought up some interesting thoughts relating to homosexuality.

Could people answer as accurately and as truthfully as possible?

I was wondering anyone here who is gay/lesbian has had their lifestyle influenced by any religious beliefs they might have. Positive or Negative

Has any one of a religious persuasion tried to influence your sexuality, successfully or not.

There are a couple of people on this forum who said the following of the gay life style (both having been gay/bi and either stopped because of their beliefs or stopped because it was based on un-resolved isssues)

Now with most people in faith who rage against people's choices in any area I tend to ignore, but because of their experiences I heard these guys out. I will try and phrase the questions as nuetrally as possible though.

Do you find there is more peer pressure in exclusive gay bars, gay gatherings etc

Is there a larger culture of casual sex (if you can't say how prevalent would you say it is) in the homosexual community than the straight one.

Is the gay lifestyle transfixed more on 'the body' than on interpersonal relationships. I realise this can seem like a stupid question when we go anywhere and are bombarded with sexual imagery. The question boils down to has anyone ever found themselves depressed because what they want out of being homosexual is not what they are getting. Like trying to find a long term partner and not being able to.

What do you think of Christian perspectives on homosexuality. I will note that even the Christians I spoke to who 'used' to be gay, were plagued with guilt and felt they had to continually repent

The whole point of this is to gather view points. I am not trying to stoke any arguments, so post away, NOT JUST IF YOU HAVE NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES!

Messages In This Thread
New (Question on Faith and Homosexuality, the relationship between the two) - by harry - 10-21-2008, 02:20 AM