Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Agoraphobia story
The begging of my fear began when school ended, so while walking home through the alley way with a friend their was 12 of so kids infront of me one of them wearing an balaclavar and one was wearing a ring, so I kinda dropped back behind my friend (didn't notice, com'on he know martial arts! don't judge me Big Grin) so one of them punch him and then they start attacking me, I practically black out (it was only a few seconds) I'm on the floor so I get up and start limping off, I get hme and notice a mark on my face and realize i was punched with a rather large ring and a few bruises, then find my knee is bleeding a lot from being thrown on the floor I couldn't move my knee without pain for nearly a month and I still have on off pains from that and a small scar.

I know its really not much of a beating but it was more the mental effect on me, at this point it was a two or so month gap before I started college, my friend also was suffering from agrophobia this is what gave me a good excuse for not going out of the house so I just played on the computer for that whole two months with my friend on a role play game.

College is beginning, I'm not at all scared about the course what I'm shitting myself over is the getting their, I decide to have my mum drop me off at my friends house so we can walk together.
Something I really hated was that I had to walk past the school with a lot of people coming and going, so this one kid walks past me and calls me a pussy hole completely freaks me out again, so every time I go to college I get a lift from my mum getting at college at around eight in the morning and getting a lift back, the college is in walking distanse though.

The worst point of this was when college ended and I was unemployed, throughout the unemployment my paranoia hit a new level I couldn't turn the TV or Monitor on without covering up the windows, I had the curtains closed but I had to put more sheets over it and some point I had cardboard covering it, but I couldn't put it infront of the sheets as i thought it might attract problems, so I had to make it sure the curtains looked normal but no light was getting through.
I insisted that their be a light on at night to make it look like someone is at home, as I was paranoid if we didn't someone would break in.
Whenever my mum went out that was where I really got freaked out, at one point I just sat in the dark waiting for her to get back before I turned on the TV or Computer.
I didn't open my curtains for that whole time throughout college and my unemployment, never opened the window nothing.
If the door bell rang or my mobile phone rang I started shacking which was uncontrolable, just like I would if I was freaked out.

I have never been able to get the thought that if I go out I could get jumped, that thought is always pinned in the back of my head, this is why I drive if I want to go shops I have to drive I will not walk out of fear.
Anyone wearing tracksuit bottoms will still intimidate me like hell, and large gatherings of people can still freak me out a little.

Not many people understand agrophobia they just think that you need to grow up, I think my story goes to show how much effect being attacked can have on you (ignore my bad grammar and spelling, I wrote it in notepadRoflmao)

[Image: -----l-I%20love%20my%20house-.png]

Messages In This Thread
My Agoraphobia story - by CardShark - 10-25-2008, 10:50 AM
My Agoraphobia story - by fjp999 - 10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
My Agoraphobia story - by CardShark - 10-25-2008, 03:40 PM
My Agoraphobia story - by sparky71 - 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM
My Agoraphobia story - by princealbertofb - 10-25-2008, 11:28 PM
My Agoraphobia story - by CardShark - 10-26-2008, 11:12 AM
My Agoraphobia story - by XRIMO - 10-26-2008, 11:51 AM
My Agoraphobia story - by CardShark - 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM
My Agoraphobia story - by fjp999 - 10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
My Agoraphobia story - by sparky71 - 10-28-2008, 11:07 PM