Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So... What do I do?
I've just started my 'A' levels, for those of you who don't know, that is the exams for two years before you start university. I'm half a term into the year and I've just switched from English Literature to Catering. This is my problem. My Mum is being, and excuse my french, she's being a bitch. Every conversation we have is an arguement. I started crying this morning as we were having a 'conversation', and it's not that odd for me to just randomly start crying as I suffer from depression. The thing that my Mum did wrong was start shouting at me. This upset me so much that when I got to school I nearly harmed myself, but overcame that moment of weakness. However I was still crying on the way into school, I basically ran to the toilet and sat there and cried for about half an hour.
Later that day, after school I got picked up by my Mum and an arguement started again. I'm not innocent in what happened next, we were arguing about my future, again, and she asked me 'What happens when it all falls through? Who's going to have to pick up the pieces?' I felt so angry. I shouted back this time, insulting her family, then I got out of the car and stormed home, a mixture of anger and sadness. A lot of people in my family have dropped out of college, she obviously thinks that I'm about to follow the same path.
This was all started by my dropping English Literature. I did both English Lit and English Language, as you can imagine the workload was large and I personally got both confused on occasion. I had wanted to be an English teacher, or at least that is what I was aspiring towards, however without English Lit I can not do the PGCE for teaching English. Thus my plans shifted slightly, to teaching psychology instead of English. This is what my Mum seems to be so against, me teaching psychology. I don't know why. I know you lot don't know my mum, so you can't help with her, but I'd be happy for any advice.

Messages In This Thread
So... What do I do? - by RoydonLeeJ - 11-07-2008, 03:07 AM
So... What do I do? - by fjp999 - 11-07-2008, 04:17 AM
So... What do I do? - by RoydonLeeJ - 11-07-2008, 04:48 AM
So... What do I do? - by Shadow - 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
So... What do I do? - by Serfdom - 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
So... What do I do? - by marshlander - 11-07-2008, 09:04 PM