Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips to help out anyone trying to get/stay fit and healthy. The natural way.
Australia Wrote:For bulking up thats a great diet. Reminds me of when I was trying to bulk up. When youre bulking up diet is less important because your body will basically ustilize almost anything you put in it, apart from sat fats. Your intake of suger/salt/carbs can all increase without much impact. Your plans really good.

Though it almost sounds as if your protein intake is exceeding what you would require, unless your a professional athelete. You read Mens Health magazine? I'm getting that vibe. Theyre actually a pretty good magazine.
Try having some dark leafy green salad with some of your meals(its high in plant based protein and when youre trying to bulk up the more different types of protein you can get the better). Also more berries and nuts. unroasted/unstaled nuts are high in protein and healthy fats and have HEAPS of other health benifits.

Just out of interest what kind of training you doing? I used to be a gym junkie.

That is just an example day... for instance.. I have been known to devour a few double whoppers from Burger King (Hungry Jacks).. which looking purely at the nutritional content looks good!! haha... per burger: 50g protein / 47g carb / 50g fat (surprisingly, not as much sat fat as you'd think either).
Salads I'll have about once a week.
Nuts I snack on quite often... particularly almonds. And we have a store here called Budgens which sells them unroasted/unsalted at a VERY respectable price!

I used to have a Men's Health subscription, although don't anymore... got fed up with it!! lol... seem to recycle the same old things but word it just a bit differently.

Training I vary every 4-6 weeks... been having a personal trainer help me.

Typically has 2-4 weights sessions and 1-2 cardio sessions a week.

Weights are usually split bodypart - sets and reps can vary greatly depending on the routine.

Current routine... 2 bodyparts per workout

First 2 exercises: 10 sets of 1-3 reps (these are usually the compound movements... bench/squat*/deadlift etc)
Then 2 circuits of 3 exercises: 3 sets of 6 reps

Starting a new routine from next Monday... which will also be my last personal training session for the year.

*squats are evil... my legs are still aching from this Monday's workout!! lol

Messages In This Thread
Tips to help out anyone trying to get/stay fit and healthy. The natural way. - by wouldlikemuscle - 11-19-2008, 05:18 PM