Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here knowledgeable about insurance?
Hi All,

I need some serious advice concerning a situation that has arisen with my commercial liability insurance company. I am not personally knowledgeable enough in the field of insurance to know if I am being defrauded or not, but something fishy is sure going on.

Short Summery:

Dec 4th I signed a commercial insurance contract with a insurance broker and gave them my bank card info for them to take payment.

December thru January 19th we communicate on numerous occasions concerning listing equipment in the policy. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

January 20th, due to a manufacturering defect a wheel came off of the insured property (my food trailer) which resulted in damage to the trailer and associated equipment.

January 24th(I think) I received an email from the broker saying that due to an error on her end, she never charged my account for the policy and that I wasn't actually insured, HOWEVER, that if I would allow them to go ahead and take the money out of my account, that they would still cover the claim. Of course, I agreed for them to take the money and they did.

Since then, they have done nothing but give me the run around and she STILL hasn't filed a claim! I missed my house note this month because I had to use the money to pay the repair shop for fixing the trailer. I don't have the money to replace the damaged equipment and cannot reopen the business with out it.

Also, she is making a REALLY big deal about not wanting to submit the towing bill in my claim, which I cannot help but to wonder if it is because the bill has the date of the accident, which is a date I wasn't insured.

I find it difficult to believe that the insurance company is ok with paying on a claim for damages that happend before she submitted my payment for insurance...?

Personally, I fill like she is actually going to have to pay for my damages out of pocket and that is why she continues to try and talk me out of making a claim AND why she has yet to place the claim after all these weeks of me telling her I want it placed.

Does ANYONE have any advice or suggestions? Do I need a lawyer?

~Beaux

Messages In This Thread
Anyone here knowledgeable about insurance? - by Beaux - 03-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Anyone here knowledgeable about insurance? - by Beaux - 03-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Anyone here knowledgeable about insurance? - by kindy64 - 03-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Anyone here knowledgeable about insurance? - by Beaux - 03-01-2016, 06:40 PM