Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarter century mark...something feels off
I've turned 25.
Just a week ago I felt like I was on top of things, now...not so much.

I keep telling myself that just because I'm 25 and perhaps behind the curve at my age...that I'll get to where I want to be, who I want to be, someday.

But...I look at the last six months and everything seems to be a mess to me:

I dated four different guys over the course of those six months...and only once for each guy...and nothing really prospered beyond that. The last guy I dated still seems interested in me and my interest in him hasn't been lost...but I'm afraid of some things. Part of the mess it seems.

- He doesn't have a car, lives 20 miles away, requires taking a bus (which is somewhat late sometimes and thanks to the city layout, arduously slow, but I digress), whereas I have a car. I'm not sure if he even plans on getting a car. (And he's my age).

- He works, whereas I'm out of a job for the time being.
- He has his own place and I'm still under my parents roof. I told myself when I was 20 that I wasn't going to be living under their roof at 25.

- I'm 25 and nothing makes any sense to me right now. I mean...what is dating these days in this community? Why in the last five years have I dated 18 guys and none of them were boyfriend material? Are my standards just too high or am I looking at the wrong crowd? I've given up dating apps/sites because it's the same old stuff. Nothing changes. Bouncer

I guess I'm just really frustrated, and growing really tired of the same stuff.

Messages In This Thread
Quarter century mark...something feels off - by ChrisH - 04-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Quarter century mark...something feels off - by Anocxu - 04-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Quarter century mark...something feels off - by ChrisH - 04-07-2016, 08:54 AM