Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement?
I feel like I may have made a similar post once before but I think this one takes the cake and what really stinks about it...well for one messaging him and talking to him on the phone seemed to be a normal person. Until I actually met him I knew in 5 minutes I wanted the date to be done right away.

So before I go picking apart myself as to what the fuck was I thinking...seems to be a common occurrence dating these days... I'm going to bitch about the date.

First says he might need cancel that his nephew is sick and had to give his sister money for his medicine....Ok, fair enough, things like that happen and he felt bad because he, I guess, planned to buy my dinner. However, seeing how the events unfolded I don't think that was ever part of any plan. Secondly when I got there I had to wait about 15 minutes for him to come out the door... I should have drove off. I mean I think a good portion of people would have already been like fuck this guy. He gets in the car and not sure if it was because he smoked or has pets, but I'm pretty sure I smelled something that reminded me of dog dookie smell..something gross either way. It wasn't strong but enough to ruin the date, even if I wasn't already irritated. This guy talks about a mile a minute, mumbling and trying to carry on a conversation with me and when I say something he butts in with some nonsensical crap that doesn't even matter. If I had smelled pot on him I'd say he was stoned, especially later on. So we go to this Mexican restaurant, we order and well turns out this guy apparently doesn't know how to eat. Granted it is a burrito and you eat it with your hands but the thing is covered in cheese and re-fried beans, it's not a fucking pizza, use a knife and the fucking fork provided. He's got that shit all over his hands. Finally, asks for a napkin which at this point I'm embarrassed to be seen with the guy. I mean I'm not accustomed to fancy catered dinners where's there's enough silverware for a family of four at each plate, but have some common sense, you're in public. So if that wasn't bad enough I decided to have him over watch some TV and take his ass home... So I put on Rick & Morty, kind of a silly show but sometimes I think some of it is funny, well turns out to be his favorite show and this guy did nothing but laugh hysterically and snorted obnoxiously. This was an absolute fucking train wreck and I have been on some pretty bad dates before. This guy had zero class, no respect for himself and just oblivious to that he didn't have much for me either. To put the icing on the cake he heaves his clothes and wallet at my place. He also had an open bottle of vodka, just FYI illegal to carry an open container so he didn't' get that back. I would have chucked it all in the trash but the dummy's driver license and wallet were in there. So I ended up driving about 140 miles roughly on account of all this.

Now on to me... I don't quite think it is that I am desperate to date someone as I block, ignore all kinds of people all the time. I'd say about 90% of the guys who I come in contact with I never make plans to meet and a good portion of those make plans and don't adhere to them. The real problem is that I let way way too much shit slide, or I do now anyway. I mean once before I crawled up someone's ass for not returning a text, now I'm literally driving over the mountains for some goof who probably needs instructions on how to breathe. There were so many red flags and I was going way over what should have been conceivable to do on a first date.

The thing is I could have very well ended it long before. Frankly I should have left when I had to wait 15 minutes for him to come out the door, he had 45 minutes while I was on my way.

Just crazy and a bit ashamed of myself that I keep making the same, simple mistakes...simple as don't like it, leave. The whole giving someone the benefit of the doubt, or being ok with something that really should and does end up bothering me, it is all bullshit. For as much time I wasted, I may have just drove on to the coast and visited my sister again, fuck an a.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by InbetweenDreams - 08-28-2016, 05:00 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by Camfer - 08-28-2016, 05:52 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by LJay - 08-28-2016, 10:04 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by SilverBullet - 08-28-2016, 11:29 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by Beaux - 08-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by Camfer - 08-28-2016, 08:56 PM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by LJay - 08-28-2016, 11:01 PM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by SilverBullet - 08-29-2016, 12:25 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by TwisttheLeaf - 08-29-2016, 01:44 AM
Worst Date Ever - Better Judgement? - by LJay - 08-29-2016, 08:08 PM