Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing Appitieite
I think most of you here who have followed me for any length of time know I quit drinking soda almost a year ago, lost a good bit of weight back in the spring, completed a triathlon. So I did make some accomplishments. I will be honest I have slacked off quite a bit and as you might guess I've gained some of the weight I lost back. Not all of it thankfully.

I think my problem is not my metabolism, it's how much and how fast I eat. I'd probably be 140 lbs wet if I ate like most people. So my question is how in the world am I going to get that under control without being absolutely miserable. I know I can definitely eat less, but getting there is the problem. I know if I try to restrict how much I will eat I will end up snacking or being miserable.

A while back I was shopping and glanced over and seen a similar product like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Control-...merReviews

Anyone try these, the only thing I dislike about it is the aspartame. I could really not care. I know some people use diet pills and those pretty much don't work. Some of it contains ephedrine and or diuretics...I'm not trying to kill myself.

Of course it probably would help if I maintained more control on what I eat, but I'm never going to get complete control over my diet as long as I live with my parents. I know you're like wth, can't you cook for yourself?!

Well I do cook for myself quite often. My folks though, they do dinner and I'm pretty much expected to eat it. If I am not home for dinner, get in late, no dinner...even if I say save some. My dad who does most of the cooking will pretty much make way too much, also does a lot of fried stuff... so limited healthy stuff there. Then there's the expense issue. Since I have got myself into a financial fiasco I have to limit what I spend on food. Of course by trying to be cheap ended up causing a lot of stomach issues back in September and thought I had some more serious problems. Anyway, I cannot afford to eat organic, or even much of the fresh produce... Then there's time, I used to do meal prep, which worked but could get very expensive, but also took an entire evening to cook. I can live with that but there's pitfalls to everything it seems. Run out of room in the freezer, try to go jog for an hour and cook and still have time for everything else.

Is there anything on the market that works and will not kill me or leave me broke? The good news is that I do still have a gym membership, which I have neglected since spring for the most part, but since it is getting darker earlier and starting to get cold I think I am going to try to start going and maybe run on the treadmill and swim some as well. I know finding a gym partner has been a no go. Got to love being in the boonies too.

Anyway, ideas would be great. I can't keep yo-yo-ing every year. I don't think that is particularly healthy.

Not looking for a diet plan, I know low-carb works but low-carb = miserable for the most part. Been there, tried that in 2012, plus running on top of that. Very easy to burn out trying to stick to it. It can become a chore, between work, friends and other commitments. It should be enjoyable if you ask me.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Messages In This Thread
Reducing Appitieite - by InbetweenDreams - 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by LJay - 10-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by InbetweenDreams - 10-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by LJay - 10-24-2016, 09:33 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by artyboy - 10-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by InbetweenDreams - 10-24-2016, 09:47 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by InbetweenDreams - 10-24-2016, 09:50 PM
Reducing Appitieite - by TwisttheLeaf - 10-25-2016, 02:46 AM
Reducing Appitieite - by InbetweenDreams - 10-25-2016, 03:11 AM
Reducing Appitieite - by Camfer - 10-25-2016, 05:05 AM