Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Presumably straight acquaintance... been chatting for months online. Need advice!
Hey guys,

here's an update for anyone interested!

During the last few days, I felt that he was a bit more distant than usual, so my intuition kicked in and I felt it was time to just tell him what was on my mind.

In summary, this is how it went:

- Told him I needed some time off to reflect because I had a lot on my mind, so i wouldn't be as chatty as I usually am.
- When he insisted on knowing what was wrong, I told him I had a crush on him.
- He took it really well, and was very supportive, indicating implicitly that he was straight but not all bothered or weirded out.
- He said i should take as much time as I needed, but that if I were to take a long time he would surely check up on me sooner.
- We had a nice, long "closure" chat (a couple of hours) which ended quite nicely.

Lessons Learned:

Never, ever make any assumptions or guesses about a guy's sexual orientation based on how nice he is to you or how intimate his relationship is with you. He just might be one of the super mature and friendly straight guys who are looking for an extra friend.

If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, first make sure that the guy is really considerate and sensitive before revealing your feelings. If not, it might end badly. In my case, I probably got lucky.

Don't over-analyze or overthink anything. If you have a crush on someone, it is much easier to ignore some signs and embrace others; your mind tricks you into doing this because it finds pleasure in the thought of being with that person.

Hope this will will benefit at least some guys here! Have a nice day!

Messages In This Thread
Presumably straight acquaintance... been chatting for months online. Need advice! - by cardini89 - 07-03-2017, 12:31 PM