Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice
Get a real therapist. Not a prescribing one or you will be chemically lobotomized with hella attempts at "controlling" your issues with drugs. How do I know... Don't ask.... (shudder).

See I doubt having talked to this other dude for a few short times actually carried what you are going through.

I have had a therapist here for two years... she is still learning about me, my "diagnoses" is fluid, ever changing as we peel my onion.

You're 41 - that is a hell of a lot of time to go through with another human bean in a few conversations. Besides most humans have no idea what it is they really are feeling, and most feelings and sensations are difficult to describe. Try describing the emotion of love, all of its nuances, how it effects you physically... Write it down so you can just read it a few days later and see if you got it right. Do this with all the feelings you are currently having, set it aside a week then read it with new eyes... Did you describe what you are feeling well enough for another to understand?

The problem is you most likely talked about your present state of mood with him because that was your focus at the time, so he didn't get a peek at the other times.

And now you are going through this again.

There is this thing called SAD (seasonal affected disorder) where the seasons, time of year can affect your mental and emotional health. I have winter SAD - wintertime I get so depressed that if anyone pushed me just a little I can be sitting at my dinning room table with a gun in my mouth. It happened just a few years ago 2012 or 2013.

I wasn't managing my SAD, and was under stress which clouded a lot of stuff for me and all I could see was the pain.

Yes, if you talk to your friends, family, etc over and over again and their have advised you and tried to support you and yet you return to them for more, eventually they are going to back off because they are not professionals and they will no doubt think that their help isn't helping.

Which most likely their help IS helping, but not enough.

I would go to therapy, talk for a while then you and your therapist can work to decide if chemical help (prescription) would be a good thing to go along with counseling.

Messages In This Thread
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice - by Aquarius - 06-27-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice - by MikeW - 06-28-2017, 12:20 AM
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice - by Alvin - 06-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice - by Alvin - 06-28-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm lost in chaos, need some advice - by Bowyn Aerrow - 06-29-2017, 05:54 AM